Cooled seats performance?

Flounder

📛 Founding Member
Jun 30, 2024
Colorado
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
New LC owner here as of yesterday. Loving it so far! It was very hot in Denver yesterday, so had the A/C blasting and the cooled seats on. I’m curious about others’ experiences with the cooled seats. Are they performing well for you? A/C works great but in my LC, the cooled seats are barely noticeable and much weaker than in previous vehicles. I’m curious about others’ experiences.

By the way, I noticed on the LC review posted on the TrailRecon YouTube channel that he specifically mentioned how great the cooled seats were, so I’m hoping there’s just something wrong with mine! :)

It's definitely subtle. I expected more of a "blowing effect". I can't really ever feel it blowing but I've noticed on really hot days I can definitely feel it cooling down. After about 5-10 minutes it gets pretty cool. I do really enjoy them, but I can see where you're coming from.

They aren't a game changer, but they help. A little noisy though.

You really notice them after doing some sports and you have a sweaty back, feels a little weird TBH.

You can definitely feel some jewels cooling 😅 , even feel a bit of a breeze if wearing shorts :ROFLMAO:
But I agree, other cars are stronger. My RAM 1500 get cold fast.

Technically they are “ventilated” but I feel like they work better than the seats in my 2022 Tundra.

My LC FE ventilated seats do okay. C grade compared to several other cars we have owned, including the Hyundai Tucson, 2024. They are not great. I can’t see using them without having them on the Full On setting (versus level 1 or 2).

These being my first A/C sets....... I noticed them cooling my back right off the bat..

Reactions: Don
The other day while driving, I thought I had swamp ass only to realize the ventilated seats were on.

On a more serious note, anybody notice a weird burnt plastic smell if the ventilated seats run for awhile?

Used them for the first time today in 91 degree and humid weather, coming home from golf. I have no previous vehicle to compare them to but they were definitely a plus.

The other day while driving, I thought I had swamp ass only to realize the ventilated seats were on.

On a more serious note, anybody notice a weird burnt plastic smell if the ventilated seats run for awhile?
I did notice the smell, chocked it up to new.

Doing some light owners manual reading, it says the fan speed in the seats is tied to the fan speed of the AC system. So it may get stronger if you crank your AC fan up.
Thanks! II'll check that.

And I appreciate all the feedback everyone. Sounds like a very positive experience overall.

compared to my F150 I traded in, this LC works amazing … i was really impressed when i first tried it out. Works really well for me here during this hot Phoenix summer.

In Dallas where it can get hot and sticky and have yet to turn it above level 1- seems to work very good. But maybe since it is so freaking hot here ANYTHING feels good.

These work great, but I’m comparing with my X7 M60 which has the absolute worst ventilated seats that suck air instead of blowing air, just ridiculous German nonsense with like 4 or 5 speeds of sucking so maybe the LC is just great by comparison.

New LC owner here as of yesterday. Loving it so far! It was very hot in Denver yesterday, so had the A/C blasting and the cooled seats on. I’m curious about others’ experiences with the cooled seats. Are they performing well for you? A/C works great but in my LC, the cooled seats are barely noticeable and much weaker than in previous vehicles. I’m curious about others’ experiences.

By the way, I noticed on the LC review posted on the TrailRecon YouTube channel that he specifically mentioned how great the cooled seats were, so I’m hoping there’s just something wrong with mine! :)
I live in Denver too…and it is been really hot here last couple days, but I had the same thoughts about it, seems less powerful than many other vehicles I have been in, but I’m going to crank up the A/C and get that fan on high and see if it makes a difference.

Mine work better than any car I have owned (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc.). Best ventilated seats ever.

However, in eco drive mode, all AC functions, including ventilated seats, reduce their functionality. If you want them to work as intended, drive in Normal mode. See if that helps.

Mine work better than any car I have owned (BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc.). Best ventilated seats ever.

However, in eco drive mode, all AC functions, including ventilated seats, reduce their functionality. If you want them to work as intended, drive in Normal mode. See if that helps.
Thanks for that tidbit of information!!

My wife drives a Lincoln... Her seats cool fine but it sounds like a Blow dryer behind you... ie really LOUD!
The LC blows much stronger and no noise at all... I'm kinda shocked how well it cools.. Not great.... but not bad at all... Kinda like the 3 bears nursery rhyme..

Back