Is Toyota collecting our driving data... ie speed and habits? If so.... can we turn it off?

Driver Monitoring System....it's the new tomorrow. And currently implemented in EU from what I am reading? I'm not saying it's right, to me this is no different than the conversations about phone monitoring....and if you think your map app isn't tracking your MPH, you might reconsider that thought. Location tracking was the beginning.

What you have a choice is how much and where it gets used outside of what is regulated. By after hitting "yes/no" going into the settings, etc.

Side comment: I do think US Congress would support DMS if they haven't already as it's based on safety perception.
Right or wrong.
The fight that I think we should continue to have is where and how that information gets used. I view it as no different than medical records. HIPPA is actually pretty recent enactment (1996) as a result of right or ownership of privacy. Something similar should be done here.

Yeah. And we all know how effective HIPPA has been in protecting our medical info. There are two problems: 1) sharing of driving data that many would like to keep private, and 2) hacking of databases containing all sorts of data, with companies writing “letters of apology” instead of improving their internal security. We need lawsuits to severely punish data breaches so that companies begin to care more about this.

Incidentally, I declined to accept connected services and did not download the Toyota app. Hoping this keeps my data private.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to start a new post. Can you send me a link?
Response to what you're saying here, today there's an update for the Toyota app and now I think if you don't allow them to share with third parties, your data and location will not be sent to Toyota.Period.
If this is exactly the same as it was please let me know but I think it's different?

View attachment 13292View attachment 13293
To create a new thread:
Go to the root forum ie....... "Land Cruiser Talk" (top of the page) Click the Link.
When the root page comes up, Click the "Post Thread"

1727802310726.png

Back