Is Toyota collecting our driving data... ie speed and habits? If so.... can we turn it off?

Not liking that Toyota can record anything without my expressed written consent.

Think I may express my thoughts to my congressmen.

Not liking that Toyota can record anything without my expressed written consent.

Think I may express my thoughts to my congressmen.
You give consent even you select the options in the app. If you choose not to share data, it won’t record or save it.

It’s also not recording anything inside the vehicle, only exterior cameras and vehicle sensors.

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    535.5 KB · Views: 18
I might be in the minority but, IMO it should be the other way around.......... I shouldn't have to opt out of anything. No company should be able to record or track anything I own without my expressed written consent.

I also believe that if features cannot be used without my consent, I shouldn't be charged for them.

I might be in the minority but, IMO it should be the other way around.......... I shouldn't have to opt out of anything. No company should be able to record or track anything I own without my expressed written consent.

I also believe that if features cannot be used without my consent, I shouldn't be charged for them.
The default is opt out, you have to manually select that you want to share data.

Once you set up your LC you’ll be presented with menu options for you to select which services you wish to opt in for. If you don’t want to share data, don’t select it.

if you blindly go through setup and say yes to everything, your data will be shared to Toyota.

The default is opt out, you have to manually select that you want to share data.

Once you set up your LC you’ll be presented with menu options for you to select which services you wish to opt in for. If you don’t want to share data, don’t select it.

if you blindly go through setup and say yes to everything, your data will be shared to Toyota.
Thank you for the explanation.

Read page 1... Says if youy buy you consent???

Attachments

• Page 1.jpg
    Page 1.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Page 2.jpg
    Page 2.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Read page 1... Says if youy buy you concent???
When you do the initial setup, there’s a master data services consent. If you say no to that, nothing gets shared at all! It’s all explained when you set up the vehicle.

The T&C on the site is if you buy a vehicle but never set up the connected services. It has a default level of shared data for diagnostics and product improvement. As soon as you start the connected services setup, those default T&Cs are superseded by your selections during setup. This is explained in the setup fine print.

"When you do the initial setup, there’s a master data services consent. If you say no to that, nothing gets shared at all! It’s all explained when you set up the vehicle."
====================================================
Soooooooo, They do record / track without consent. One has to preform an action to "opt out", to me it shouldn't be that way.

Not the same thing I realize....... You buy a house with an outside surveillance system that records and transmits all activity of when you come and go, and any activity that happens on your property........ unless you go through the menu and "opt out" and then did they really stop recording?

IMO, One should have to request and "opt in" to be surveilled.

Last edited:
Back