In case you also was interested what that blank button is for

n0m@d

📛 Founding Member
May 25, 2024
Media
Earth
International version buttons side by side with US version. They are also getting HDMI and better location for the volume knob 😲
1727293002499.png

1727293144725.png

Thanks for sharing. I’ve seen the volume located there in some YouTube vids. I’ve rested my hand on the shifter while driving and would prefer volume in that location.

Euro models have smaller driver screen + 12.3 infotainment screen. The driver screen has a shroud that requires volume knob as seen above. My question is could you use the blank button for an acc switch (lights, etc.)? Is there space behind it to work with?

Euro models have smaller driver screen + 12.3 infotainment screen. The driver screen has a shroud that requires volume knob as seen above. My question is could you use the blank button for an acc switch (lights, etc.)? Is there space behind it to work with?
Yes, there is plenty of space back there for an accessory switch. That small panel just pulls straight out and the blank can then be popped out

what does that button do?
according to my AI friend it:

The Toyota Power Heat button is designed to help warm up the cabin more quickly, especially in cold weather. When you press this button, it activates a system that increases the engine idle speed slightly, which in turn helps the engine warm up faster and provides warm air to the cabin sooner1.

This feature is particularly useful in diesel engines, which can take longer to warm up compared to gasoline engines1. It’s a handy tool for those chilly mornings when you want to defrost your windows and get the interior comfortable more quickly.

Back