Windshield replacement national back-order?

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Media
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
I have a large crack in the upper passenger side of my windshield from a stray rock on the highway. I requested OEM replacement, which Safelite is happy to do, but I was just notified that there is a "NATIONAL BACKORDER from the manufacturer, with no current ETA"... Has anyone else run into this? I wonder if a Toyota dealership has any better connection to order one?

Yeah, I caught a bolt to the center of my screen and have a huge spider crack. Local glass company ordered them, took about 3 weeks or so.

Same story here. My glass shop ordered the parts through a local Toyota dealer and at this point no ETA.

Thanks for the replies! I think this is the proper part number, 56101-6B927. I've reached out to my dealership to see if they can order, but it sounds like we'll all be waiting...

Did you request and get an OEM windshield?
Yes. The glass wasn't what was on back order, there is a rubber seal near the top that was on back order. Maybe I made it before the glass was back ordered, but the rubber was what my hold up was.

I have a large crack in the upper passenger side of my windshield from a stray rock on the highway. I requested OEM replacement, which Safelite is happy to do, but I was just notified that there is a "NATIONAL BACKORDER from the manufacturer, with no current ETA"... Has anyone else run into this? I wonder if a Toyota dealership has any better connection to order one?

Same situation for me. The dealership informed me that there is a back order and it may take a few weeks. Luckily, it’s on my passenger side and is well contained.

It makes me feel bad that there are already this much people need to replace their windshields. LC is still very new and very few people is driving it right now, maybe only a few thousands in US.

Back