First Edition Roof Rack / RTT - Will it fit?

Has anyone bought tie down mount/eye bolt hardware for the FE roof rack yet? Wondering what's needed.

does anyone know the total LC height WITH the roof rack? I see the rack is 6 inches but it integrates with the roof rails so not sure what the total LC height would be. Want to know if it would still fit into my garage.
I’m seeing 78 inches

Hello All,
I was not able to locate any threads in the forum from someone that has purchased (except for @agjake01 in this thread) a RTT, and if so how the installation went? I'd really appreciate hearing what others purchased, how the installation went , and fit is.

Also, can I install on the FE Roof Rack's crossbars or will I need to remove that and go with some other brand (and if so which)?

TIA for sharing!

Hello All,
I was not able to locate any threads in the forum from someone that has purchased (except for @agjake01 in this thread) a RTT, and if so how the installation went? I'd really appreciate hearing what others purchased, how the installation went , and fit is.

Also, can I install on the FE Roof Rack's crossbars or will I need to remove that and go with some other brand (and if so which)?

TIA for sharing!
Just unboxed my tent today, I’m going to have to do some research as to the best way to mount to the cross rails of the FE rack. My buddy has a Prinsu and he removed two of the rack rails and attached them to the tent, so he just slides the rails into the slot on the Prinsu from the side.

The FE rack rails have a single bolt that allows the to set them down into the rack, so you’d have to remove them from the top. This is fine, however, if I attach two of the cross rails permanently to the tent and then set it down in the roof rack when I’m ready to mount it, I’ll only have an inch to get to the screw from the side to screw the rails back in. Not sure if the side flashing comes off to make this easier, ergo the research. Will advise but here are some pics -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Also for reference, I drove 75 miles home from picking up the box with it strapped on top with some tie downs. Tent weighs 87lbs and fit on top fine with minimal flutter. I’ve got some sea suckers that I’m going to attach to the roof in front of the sunroof with ties back to the tent to prevent flutter.

More pics while I spec out the best mount. I will definitely remove two FE rack rails and mount them to the tent before I mount the tent to the roof.

Attachments

• IMG_8427.jpeg
    IMG_8427.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8429.jpeg
    IMG_8429.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8430.jpeg
    IMG_8430.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8432.jpeg
    IMG_8432.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8433.jpeg
    IMG_8433.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8435.jpeg
    IMG_8435.jpeg
    265.5 KB · Views: 66
What are the 8 rectangular slots on each side of the oem roof rack used for? Is there some type of universal mount or plate that matches this? And the 10 holes for bolts? Thanks

I’m going to pretty annoyed if the FE roof rack can’t support a RTT. The 4R gets an ARB rack with a significant load limit, hopefully the $1500 FE roof rack is more than cross rails with a frame…
There a definitely a few misses and unfortunately the FE roof rack might be one of them. There should be a few 12v cigarette lighter plugs (front seat, "trunk" area), and a 4Runner style power rear window would have been good improvements.

Reviving this one now that a few folks have the truck - anyone planning to mount a jack, awning, tent, or boards to the rack? What mounting hardware are you going to use or do you recommend?

Can anyone provide an exact vehicle height measurement with the rack? Wondering if it will fit in my garage with anything mounted to it… thanks!
I'm moving quick-release awnings that had tubular fittings for a 4Runner TRD Pro, and now will have two custom fabricated attachment points on each side. There's also a fly-rod holder on Quad quick-release mounts that moved right over, and I've still got to figure out the best places for a small Agency6 shovel, possibly some MaxTrac Minis, and a 95L Roam box. The TRD Pro had a great Wescott ladder, but fixed rear ladders won't work with the pop-open hatch rear window (too bad they didn't put the electric tailgate window in the Land Cruiser). Exterior rear side window Molle panels might be nice for RotoPax water or fuel storage for long backcountry trips.

Hopefully forum members will share their solutions to how to add things.

RTT newbie here. Should I be worried about the overhang with a RTT on the FE roof rack? Feels like there would be 14-18” hanging over the front of the FE rack above the moonroof.

RTT newbie here. Should I be worried about the overhang with a RTT on the FE roof rack? Feels like there would be 14-18” hanging over the front of the FE rack above the moonroof.
With a clam shell tent, that’s not the load bearing side. I think it will be ok other than some potential flutter at speed as the overhang picks up wind. I bought a couple of knock off sea suckers that I’m going mount by the sunroof and attach them with rubber tie downs to the tent to prevent flutter.

Taking it out on the WA Back Country Discovery Route next month to test it out. Will advise.

Back