Is anyone changing the oil on their LC250 after the 1000 mile break in period?

erhall55

πŸ“› Founding Member
Aug 24, 2024
Media
Seattle
Vehicles
LC250
I just made it to a 1,010 miles. Barely 19 MPG in the city. I'm concerned about waiting for 10,000 MI to change the oil. I'm thinking about doing a quick change and sending it off for testing. I use Blackstone labs.

I did my first oil change at 1,000 miles. I think a lot of folks on this forum are doing the first one at or below 1,000. There is another thread about doing the first oil change that was super helpful.

Yes, it has become the thing to do! All the cool kids are doing it! I did mine a little late (2,500 miles). I have never done one before and I found it to be super easy. I am eagerly awaiting the next one I get to do.

I did mine at 1500mi but mostly because I was replacing my skids and I figured I might as well do it for fun while I had the skids off and the cruiser on the ramps.

Otherwise I was planning to do 5k.

Did my first oil change at about 2500 - 2600 miles. Took the car into Toyota at 5K miles and had them do the 10K service which included another oil change. Currently at about 6500 miles and will do another oil change myself at about around 8500 - 9000 miles. As many have said you won't hurt the car by changing the oil too soon or on a shorter interval. It'll hurt your wallet more but that's about it.

Changed mine at 3K miles. It ran a lot smoother after I did (not that it wasn't smooth already). I just wanted to get rid of whatever was in the oil after the break in period. I wasn't verry nice to it during the break in period. I drove it like I aways do, which is 75-85 on the highway for 2 hours on the way home from the dealership, so I thought I should be nice to it and change it when it got to 3K miles.

I was happy that it only cost me $100 to change the oil at the dealer! People were charging me $150-180 to change my E350 oil and it took the same amount of synthetic.

The dealer price for the filter was only $8!

What's the 1,000 mile break in period? I just read in the handbook really basic things such as don't break hard, or accelerate hard. Did I miss something in the book?

I've always done a 1,000-mile change on every new vehicle I've purchased. This one was at about 1050 when I had an oil change done. The dealership should let you use a free oil change you have from Toyota. At least my dealer did.

Did mine at 1250. Very easy and clean process despite having the filter on the underside thanks to great design.

I did not care to send out break in oil for evaluation as nothing stood out to me. Maybe will consider after 30,000.

I did. Not sure if it matters or not but read about it and decided to do it. Was only 90 so that is cheap insurance.

Back