Finally got my Land Cruiser...Returned after 2 hours

JIMIPRO

đź“› Founding Member
Dec 11, 2023
Media
Monument, Colorado
Vehicles
2007 4Runner V8, 1967 Dodge R/T, 1971 Honda 750 K1
My LC Premium was delivered to me on Friday. Almost a year since I put my name on the dealer list. Quick 2 mile test drive and purchased it. I requested it to be delivered "off the truck" except mechanical PDI which the dealership honored.

On my test drive my wife noticed the protective hood vinyl was slightly flapping around. No big deal, I thought. We had a short drive home and it would be ok. Two blocks from the dealer it was really flapping so I pulled over and removed it. When I got back in the LC, it looked like scratches on the hood, which I thought was maybe adhesive. I checked it out and the whole hood where the vinyl ended on both sides deeply scratched the hood thru the paint. The whole hood will have to be repainted. I went back to the dealership and they asked what I wanted to do. I couldn't live with a brand new vehicle that was repainted so they refunded my money, no questions asked. I only drove it 20 miles total. I was really impressed with it in my short, two hour ownership.

Completely disappointed. Since they are a smaller dealership, I'll have another long wait. Hard to capture the damage in the last two pics. Front line at the end of the overhead cover frame reflection, the rear right before the dirty area near the cowl. The scratches go all of the way across.

Heritage Blue with Java Leather.

IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG

Bummer. That is a great dealership. I nearly bought a 4Runner from them a couple of months ago. Decided to stay with my LC FE, which I purchased in the Midwest. I was worried that after sitting in Portland for 4 months, mine would also show up like this. Fortunately, it did not. Glad the dealership did the honorable thing. I believe you will find more, quicker options to replace it, since inventory is starting to improve. Good luck. Oh, I used to live in Monument. Great spot!!

That is horrible. If we only knew what went on from the time the vehicle leaves Japan and reaches our home garage.
Sharp color combo. Good choice in requesting another one. That Heritage Blue would never match and it would haunt you
for many years to come.
Years ago, BMW was the defendant in what became a class action lawsuit involving damage to cars which the dealerships
were instructed to repaint, repair, etc. the car and not disclose it to the buyer.

Haha, the Stealership will have that Buffed out in 30 minutes and sold in a few days. You made a bad decision.

Part of the
My LC Premium was delivered to me on Friday. Almost a year since I put my name on the dealer list. Quick 2 mile test drive and purchased it. I requested it to be delivered "off the truck" except mechanical PDI which the dealership honored.

On my test drive my wife noticed the protective hood vinyl was slightly flapping around. No big deal, I thought. We had a short drive home and it would be ok. Two blocks from the dealer it was really flapping so I pulled over and removed it. When I got back in the LC, it looked like scratches on the hood, which I thought was maybe adhesive. I checked it out and the whole hood where the vinyl ended on both sides deeply scratched the hood thru the paint. The whole hood will have to be repainted. I went back to the dealership and they asked what I wanted to do. I couldn't live with a brand new vehicle that was repainted so they refunded my money, no questions asked. I only drove it 20 miles total. I was really impressed with it in my short, two hour ownership.

Completely disappointed. Since they are a smaller dealership, I'll have another long wait. Hard to capture the damage in the last two pics. Front line at the end of the overhead cover frame reflection, the rear right before the dirty area near the cowl. The scratches go all of the way across.

Heritage Blue with Java Leather.

View attachment 6544View attachment 6545View attachment 6546View attachment 6547View attachment 6549View attachment 6551
properly Removing this cover and prepping the hood is part of the PPI that you declined. There’s an entire bulletin in TIS on how to do it without damaging the paint. Leaving it on and letting it flap around probably made it so much worse. Not sure why you opted for that
This definitely does not need a repaint, a competent tech could have that cleaned up in about an hour.

Good on the dealership for refunding you, but honestly this was a problem of your own making…

Part of the

properly Removing this cover and prepping the hood is part of the PPI that you declined. There’s an entire bulletin in TIS on how to do it without damaging the paint. Leaving it on and letting it flap around probably made it so much worse. Not sure why you opted for that
This definitely does not need a repaint, a competent tech could have that cleaned up in about an hour.

Good on the dealership for refunding you, but honestly this was a problem of your own making…

To be clear, I only test drove the LC for 2 miles of the 4 miles that were on it. I never exceeded 30 mph driving around the block. This happened during transport to the dealership. The dealership agreed that the hood would need to be repainted. I have been buying vehicles like this my whole life when I was able to do so. Vehicles are transported sometimes hundreds of miles on the top of Transport trucks. It was a fluke that this happened.

If it would have been "on Me", I would have kept my Big Boy pants on and taken full responsibility. Yes, the dealership did the right thing and I would have never asked them for a refund if it was my fault.

Bummer. That is a great dealership. I nearly bought a 4Runner from them a couple of months ago. Decided to stay with my LC FE, which I purchased in the Midwest. I was worried that after sitting in Portland for 4 months, mine would also show up like this. Fortunately, it did not. Glad the dealership did the honorable thing. I believe you will find more, quicker options to replace it, since inventory is starting to improve. Good luck. Oh, I used to live in Monument. Great spot!!

I'm glad yours arrived in good condition. I think you are correct with the inventory levels but the Colorado market is pretty tight still. maybe I'll get lucky. How long since you were in Monument? It has really grown and now connects with the Springs!

Part of the

Kudo to Toyota as they get ready to replace Tundra engines...

Back