FE Trail Dust Wheel Color Combo

Am personally looking at the SCS Gen5's in matte black for my Trail Dust rig. With the two tone roof and black trim i'm having a hard time adding another color like bronze or titanium to the car's already busy palette.

GEN5
These look clean!!!

Problem with the SCS Gen5's is the available offsets... -10mm and -38mm are not a fit for the LC, unless you want the wheels poking out the fenders a few inches. (like 3-4+!)

I assume most manufacturers will be producing updated models to fit the new LC/4Runner/Tacoma. Where 0et was common and quite flush on 5th gen 4Runner, 0et pokes out ~2-3 inches on an LC.

Problem with the SCS Gen5's is the available offsets... -10mm and -38mm are not a fit for the LC, unless you want the wheels poking out the fenders a few inches. (like 3-4+!)

I assume most manufacturers will be producing updated models to fit the new LC/4Runner/Tacoma. Where 0et was common and quite flush on 5th gen 4Runner, 0et pokes out ~2-3 inches on an LC.
Yea thanks for confirming my suspicions, I was looking into this more closely last night and was wondering how to determine how the offsets would look without "trying on" the wheels. Is there a better way to understand how an offset will look on the LC250 without trying to compare to photos of the new Tacoma?

Not much out there yet, best bet is to look at the wheel post and look at various offsets and the look you are going for.
According to Westcott, the 'sweet spot' is around +35.. but not a ton of wheels in that offset. Id say 40-20 is reasonable.. bt the 20 does poke out.

Not much out there yet, best bet is to look at the wheel post and look at various offsets and the look you are going for.
According to Westcott, the 'sweet spot' is around +35.. but not a ton of wheels in that offset. Id say 40-20 is reasonable.. bt the 20 does poke out.
Yea I see the Methods seem to fit nicely, however everybody and their mothers have Methods. (no offense to anybody with Methods or any Mothers).

Thats my hesitation as well, dont mind them and the price is right, but with them being considered the 'perfect offset' the popularity is certainly rising. There should be more releases with better offsets shortly...

TRD Jon mentioned a +25 offset would be ideal for little to no poke around the 12:09 mark of the video below.

TRD Jon 35s

Love these wheels however wishing it came in black in this offset.

Yea I see the Methods seem to fit nicely, however everybody and their mothers have Methods. (no offense to anybody with Methods or any Mothers).
The bead grip is what makes them tempting to me. Do any other manufacturers have something similar?

Ok, in an attempt to answer the original question, I'll put my terrible photoshop skills on display. I tried to color match the stock wheels to (1) the sliver color of the front fans skid plate piece, (2) the light gray roof, and (3) pure white. The method I used really failed on that last one, but I'll post it anyway. From these (not great) renders, I'm not liking it quite as much as I do on the Heritage Blue. But, also, it might not be terrible? I feel like I still need to see a real photo.

FJ_TrailDust_skidWheels.jpg

FJ_TrailDust_roofWheels.jpg

FJ_TrailDust_whiteWheels.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, in an attempt to answer the original question, I'll put my terrible photoshop skills on display. I tried to color match the stock wheels to (1) the slivers color of the front fans skid plate piece, (2) the light gray roof, and (3) pure white. The method I used really failed on that last one, but I'll post it anyway. From these (not great) renders, I'm not liking it quite as much as I do on the Heritage Blue. But, also, it might not be terrible? I feel like I still need to see a real photo.

View attachment 3409

View attachment 3410

View attachment 3411
Thanks for putting together the renders. Seems the white doesn't match the trail dust color way at all. I'll probably stick to the current OEM wheel for now and go for some black ones in the future when more options comes out.

Just saw a Trail Dust FE in Austin. Color looks great in person. Much less yellow.

For the sake of swapping out the 20's as fast as possible, I think i'm going with black Method 703's w/ the +35 offset.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I tried my own PS skills today just to try and get an idea of what different colors and styles might look like. Iโ€™m interested to see what people think.
IMG_20240801_202229_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240801_202231_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240801_202234_Original.jpeg
IMG_20240801_202236_Original.jpeg

Back