Dealer Selling LC to Their Own Dealership

Esquire

đź“› Founding Member
Apr 27, 2024
Media
Omaha, NE
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser Premium - Black / Black; 2016 Porsche 911 - 991.1 Carrera Base - Black / Black; 2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Black / Redwood
I came across this a couple of years ago when I was looking for new 4R Limiteds. The dealer would sell the 4Runner to their dealership, title it, and then
put in on the market as a used truck with very few, if any, miles.

I know they do this to hit their sales numbers and get a dealership bonus, etc. However, I can't imagine any manufacturer would condone this as it is not a true sale.

The dealership knocks a grand or two off and the buyer becomes the second owner. They never seem to sell very well. And, Frankly, I wouldn't want to be a second owner
on a "brand new" vehicle and only save a grand or two.

This same dealer has done the same thing with a LC Premium. Knocking two grand off MSRP.

Thoughts?

I suppose it becomes a question about price. Because at $5K off I would seriously consider a deal like that. I assume it comes with all the warranty, anyway

Very interesting. A dealership only a mile from me had a FE with 300miles on it. They had it titled in the dealers name so I would have been 2nd owner. Problem was it was also marked up by $10K. I couldn't really make sense of it. Have never heard doing this to hit sales numbers, but wasn't about to buy and apparently most were like me because it sat for about a month.

• Wow
Reactions: LC3
I’d heard they do this to avoid scrutiny for adm. I’ve seen the $10K markup too commonly here.

They’re car salesmen not priests. Ethics is not their primary concern.
But their commercials say they work for me and will get me the best possible deal.

ZERO ETHICS at these places. Its like walking into another dimension at the dealer. Spooky....... :)

Back