Brake Squeal in reverse?

Oh no, did they tell you any specifics about the issue?
I took my LC in to the dealership twice to have the breaks worked on. I ended up having to go through the GM who was fabulous! He replaced the breaks and I haven’t had a problem since!

Hi - I'm really unhappy about this too and am embarrassed every time I leave the house. (my neighbors on either side always have their windows open).

Did you consider trying to contact Toyota to escalate? Not sure how much it will help, but I submitted a video and details to them using the Toyota Brand Engagement contact form. Contact Us | Contact Toyota (scroll to the bottom of the page).

I also provided links to various threads in here that had the most replies. Maybe if more people do that, we won't have to wait years for a fix. (or maybe they will just forward my message to the dealership, who basically say its up to Toyota and they can't do any more).
I ended up contacting the GM of the dealership after their first attempt to fix the problem did nothing. He was fabulous and replaced the breaks at no cost to us. We haven’t had an issue since!
I hope your dealership will do the same for you.
I was also told it could be a temporary fix and to let them know if it starts squealing again and they’d replace them again until a more permanent solution came out.

Not exactly, I believe someone said it’s a possible design flaw around the rotor? (Not positive)
I contacted the owner of the dealership and they are having me drop it off for a 2nd time tomorrow to see if they can come up with a temporary solution. I think they said they would try replacing the break pads (although last visit I was told mine were perfect and that they were not the cause of the noise) or add extra temporary padding (if that’s a thing)?
They also filed a claim with Toyota manufacture's department? (I think that’s correct.)
But honestly, at the time, I was so heated by the whole situation…so I may have the above information incorrect. Hopefully, I can get more info after tomorrow’s visit.

I’m pretty annoyed by it all and really feel like they should replace my vehicle with one that doesn’t have this issue, as not all of them do, and considering there isn’t a sure fix at this time.
Update…the GM at the dealership contacted me and was fabulous to work with. He replaced the breaks at no cost to us & it seems it has fixed the issue.
I was told it may be a temporary fix until Toyota comes out w a more permanent solution but I could contact them if it started squealing again and they would replace the breaks again.
So I’m back to being a happy customer!

I ended up contacting the GM of the dealership after their first attempt to fix the problem did nothing. He was fabulous and replaced the breaks at no cost to us. We haven’t had an issue since!
I hope your dealership will do the same for you.
I was also told it could be a temporary fix and to let them know if it starts squealing again and they’d replace them again until a more permanent solution came out.
Wow, I'm glad you got such great service from the dealer. Hope the fix is permanent for you! In the meantime, I can't even get my tech to reply to my emails.

Back