2400W Power Inverter

I’m in houston without power and I used mine last night to plug in my fridge, tv, and internet. Today I bought a little window unit and only have it plugged into the LC and have the other things plugged into my husbands truck. It’s barely used any gas. Maybe 1/8 of a tank overnight.
So help me understand. Did you plug an extension cord into the LC, then plug that into a power strip, then plug in the fridge, tv, and internet into the power strip?

I’m in houston without power and I used mine last night to plug in my fridge, tv, and internet. Today I bought a little window unit and only have it plugged into the LC and have the other things plugged into my husbands truck. It’s barely used any gas. Maybe 1/8 of a tank overnight.
I’m sorry you’re still without power (my family is also down there running generators right now), great to hear the truck is keeping up!! Thanks for the report and stay safe!

So help me understand. Did you plug an extension cord into the LC, then plug that into a power strip, then plug in the fridge, tv, and internet into the power strip?
I put an interlock on my panel and an inlet box on the wall - which I can power with a 20ft 30amp cord from the generator or the LC. I’m able to power everything in the house except the AC and the oven with a 2300watt Ryobi. Hoping for the same capability with the LC when it gets here.

Attachments

• IMG_8287.jpeg
    IMG_8287.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8286.jpeg
    IMG_8286.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_8285.jpeg
    IMG_8285.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 136
I put an interlock on my panel and an inlet box on the wall - which I can power with a 20ft 30amp cord from the generator or the LC. I’m able to power everything in the house except the AC and the oven with a 2300watt Ryobi. Hoping for the same capability with the LC when it gets here.
Awesome. I have no idea how any of that works but I will send to my electrician. Thanks!

I was playing around with this to test running some AC powered items and there’s a couple questions that I have. I have not figured out how to turn off the AC climate control system or the head unit. I’m trying to make things efficient so I don’t have too much draw on the inverter and haven’t figured out how to turn these items off. What did you do this?

I was running the shopvac on mine last weekend and noticed the LC engine started and stopped several times while cleaning our cars. It was hard to tell how many times, as the shopvac was pretty loud.

I was playing around with this to test running some AC powered items and there’s a couple questions that I have. I have not figured out how to turn off the AC climate control system or the head unit. I’m trying to make things efficient so I don’t have too much draw on the inverter and haven’t figured out how to turn these items off. What did you do this?
There’s an off button by the climate control switches and then you have to hit rear and hit off again for the back of the car. I left my windows cracked so it doesn’t get too warm inside and turned of the interior lights.

where did you find the cord adapter to turn the 4 prong plug into a plug that fits the LC. (looks like the orange one). And what is it called?

I haven’t yet, I get the truck Saturday morning (finally!!) and I’ll test the inverter against the panel as soon as I get back. I did run into the Toyota R&D team at the PNW Expo and they were powering their cooktops, campsite, fridges, etc off the inverter and it only kicked the LC engine on once during the night. If I remember reading correctly, peak usage/draw from the inverter would only burn .7gal per hour once the engine fires.
@agjake01 Have you had a chance to test out the inverter on your new LC? Curious how it did.

There’s an off button by the climate control switches and then you have to hit rear and hit off again for the back of the car. I left my windows cracked so it doesn’t get too warm inside and turned of the interior lights.
The on off button would not work for me. Every time I hit, off the air conditioner was still running. I gave up on this until I saw a post on Facebook today. The gentleman mentioned that you cannot turn the air conditioner off if the cool box is turned on. I went out and tried it again today and turned off my cool box and then I was successfully able to turn off the air conditioning unit.

I know that the cooling box requires the air conditioner to be on, but I didn’t think the cooling box would prevent the air conditioner from being turned off.

I’m looking forward to camping and having the 2400 watt inverter. Admittedly I don’t know what I’m going to use it for yet, but it’s cool enough to come up with something to give it a try. I’m interested what others are using it for while camping.

I love car camping and use dehydrated camping meals and have run into power limitations on using electric kettles to heat the water in my Highlander, so I’m looking forward to this feature when I get my LC.

Finally found the technically correct adapter to connect the truck to my houses 30 amp sub panel. This adapter type is more typically an RV connection. This adapter is correct for shore power on many travel trailers and truck campers. I have L5-30 extension cords.

Conntek Plug Adapter NEMA 5-20P to NEMA L5-30R, 20-Amp 125-volt Male Plug to 30-Amp 125-Volt Locking Female Connector​

Back