👋 Welcome to the new Land Cruiser Forum - Please post an introduction thread!

Hello all, I’m a happy owner of a 2015 Tacoma and interested in (maybe) making the switch to an SUV if I don’t grab a new 2024 Tacoma. I’m “cross shopping” the new Land Cruiser, new Tacoma iForce Max, and the Bronco (don’t hate me). I’m curious about possible modifications to the Land Cruiser and really want to know how doable 35-inch tires will be with right lift and wheels.

I'm interested in the 1958 edition.

Whatever I get will be my daily driver.
Welcome! I've had a 2022 Bronco Badlands and currently have a 2023 Bronco Raptor. They have both been great vehicles. If you want to be able to remove the roof and doors then the new Bronco is hard to beat. With that, comes more road and wind noise than a fixed-roof SUV. I think the new Land Cruiser will do everything well and I bet we see kits to fit 35-inch tires soon after Land Cruisers get into the hands of the popular Toyota off-road shops.

Reactions: MJE
Hello from Upstate NY. Current rides are ‘23 4Runner TRD ORP and an ‘08 Subaru Outback with a small lift, which will eventually go to my son. 4Runner is a likely trade on a mid-level Land Cruiser.

Hello from Upstate NY. Current rides are ‘23 4Runner TRD ORP and an ‘08 Subaru Outback with a small lift, which will eventually go to my son. 4Runner is a likely trade on a mid-level Land Cruiser.
Welcome to the forum! What's the main reason for the upgrade to the Land Cruiser over your 4Runner?

Welcome to the forum! What's the main reason for the upgrade to the Land Cruiser over your 4Runner?
Honestly, as much as I love the 4Runner’s mix of comfort and off-road capability, the fuel economy gnaws at me. I average around 17 and don’t have a heavy right foot. Plus where I am it seems like every other car is a 5th gen 4Runner!

Hello from the PNW.
Former FJ-80 owner. I have a FE in Meteor Shower on order. I've been without a Land Cruiser for about 4 years.

Hello from ND! Got word last week that I was next in line for their only-allocated FE (in Meteor Shower) at my dealer and just decided [today] to pull the trigger. There were 2 ahead of me on the list who decided to pass. I currently drive a 2021 Tahoe Z71. Dealer says they were given a wide range of April 22-June 4 for an arrival date and the temp VIN currently still works on Toyota owner page (at least to show it as an LC), so I'm excited to get more info as the vehicle moves through the process.

(oops, had to edit that to Z71 (not an AT4/Z71 hybrid ha))

Last edited:
Hello from ND! Got word last week that I was next in line for their only-allocated FE (in Meteor Shower) at my dealer and just decided [today] to pull the trigger. There were 2 ahead of me on the list who decided to pass. I currently drive a 2021 Tahoe Z74. Dealer says they were given a wide range of April 22-June 4 for an arrival date and the temp VIN currently still works on Toyota owner page (at least to show it as an LC), so I'm excited to get more info as the vehicle moves through the process.
How did you look up the temp VIN. I tried to add my temp VIN but it only goes to 2021 on Land Cruisers.

How did you look up the temp VIN. I tried to add my temp VIN but it only goes to 2021 on Land Cruisers.
I just did it this morning and it had 2024 as an option (next option was 2021), so maybe it just got updated?

I just did it this morning and it had 2024 as an option (next option was 2021), so maybe it just got updated?
I was able to add it on the APP. Says that it is Brown Sugar Metallic :ROFLMAO:

Hello from Socal. put deposit on land cruiser and Tacoma hybrid both. Still wait for more information to decide.

Interesting….i thought us Canadians were the only ones getting the BSM color. You guys get Meteor shower..or so I thought.
It's a temporary VIN during the build faze. It could say pink with purple polka dots I guess.

I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and have had old Scouts and Jeeps. Along with new pickups but I’ve never owned a Toyota product. The last few years nothing has been produced that caught my interest until the new Land Cruiser was announced. My head tells me to wait a year or so but my heart say it’s time. I really would like to see one first before committing! Does that engine require high test?

I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and have had old Scouts and Jeeps. Along with new pickups but I’ve never owned a Toyota product. The last few years nothing has been produced that caught my interest until the new Land Cruiser was announced. My head tells me to wait a year or so but my heart say it’s time. I really would like to see one first before committing! Does that engine require high test?

I had to look up what high test meant, never heard that term.

There's a thread on it here: 2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

Never owned a 4x4 or a Toyota for that matter.
I did work however in South America for 3 years and went through knee deep mud in a FZJ70.
That's when I decided that one day I'll have a Land Cruiser and as Cold Iron here above, I'm looking at my final one.
1710852454341.png

Back