Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Dr. M

📛 Founding Member
Aug 12, 2023
Minnesota
Vehicles
Genesis GV80 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
I am wanting to find out the average age of those of us who are purchasing a new Land Cruiser. I am 66 years old. List your age in this thread and I will calculate the Averages from time-to-time. I think it would be fun to see some demographics. Thanks!

I am wanting to find out the average age of those of us who are purchasing a new Land Cruiser. I am 66 years old. List your age in this thread and I will calculate the Averages from time-to-time. I think it would be fun to see some demographics. Thanks!
Well to complicate things.. I was a first time owner of a new LC in 2019 and I was 46- for this new addition LC I’m sure I’ll turn 51 by the time I take possession this year…😵‍💫

49 here. Didn’t vote as I didn’t necessarily decide on a LC yet. It seems most car forums I’m on are mid 40s & above, not sure why. Though I suspect a couple of potential reasons:
1. Most likely these cars are expensive enough that younger buyers aren’t looking into them.
2. Perhaps less likely, forum communication may be an older method of communication. Maybe they’re all filming tik toks or something.

As of now the poll results (50-60) align with my assessment of most LC buyers’ ages (I’m 61 but identify as 60, so I’m in the most popular age group).

I think younger folks will flock toward the new 4Runner.

2. Perhaps less likely, forum communication may be an older method of communication. Maybe they’re all filming tik toks or something.
This might be more true than you are estimating! Forums are definitely not how the kids do it these days.

And for sure there are other reasons that LCs attract older buyers, like cost, styling and the younger buyer being more skewed to the 4Runner.

Last edited:
So far, we have the 50-60 year olds leading the pack of new Land Cruiser buyers. They are followed by the 40-50 year olds. Third place goes to the 30-40 year olds. I’m enjoying seeing where the age spreads are. Thanks to all who have chimed in. Dr. M

Just turned 48. I did the new Range Rover thing in my mid 30's and the amount of depreciation I took on 3 new ones over a 5 year period would have purchased me a new First Edition.

Just turned 48. I did the new Range Rover thing in my mid 30's and the amount of depreciation I took on 3 new ones over a 5 year period would have purchased me a new First Edition.
I had $1,000 down on a 2024 Defender 110 a few months ago. Just couldn’t get past the poor reliability track record that continues to plague Land Rover. Glad to be going back to a Land Cruiser. Thanks.

So far, we have the 50-60 year olds leading the pack of new Land Cruiser buyers. They are followed by the 40-50 year olds. Third place goes to the 30-40 year olds. I’m enjoying seeing where the age spreads are. Thanks to all who have chimed in. Dr. M
Under 30 is all about YOLO in da Tacoma ......heheh i was one of them

Back