2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

One of the dealers I had my name down on a list gave me call with there first allocation here in Virginia. $10,000 markup 🤮 (no thanks)

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 5.08.30 PM.png

Wow, the sold section is interesting! First, 1/10th of FE have been sold (529/5000), I was also surprised that Trail Dust is the least popular color (for this first round), and 2nd least being Heritage Blue. Lot of states missing from these first couple allocations. But at this rate, FE should all be allocated and sold by June/July this year.

I wonder of the 529 how many are just resellers/flippers? Or do you think most are genuine enthusiasts who plan to keep them?
I wonder what the "brown sugar" color is? Maybe a nickname for the trail dust with white two tone?

If you search zip codes as of this morning, big inventory starting to show up. I searched the mid-south and Most not available until May. But saw the first 1958 show up in Memphis dealership allocation!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.38.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.38.58 AM.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 60
Unfortunately, nothing is showing up within 500 miles of the Texas Hill Country yet. 😢

Unfortunately, nothing is showing up within 500 miles of the Texas Hill Country yet. 😢
Yep, I'm on the list with a dealer nearby and have checked many times from Austin. I'm betting Gulf States has them and is loading up port add-ons nobody wants. They'll probably mass release soon. My dealer expects to start getting allocations in April.

If any ships going into Baltimore expect delays. Mine is on a shipped going under the Golden Gate Bridge today. I should have it next week.

If any ships going into Baltimore expect delays. Mine is on a shipped going under the Golden Gate Bridge today. I should have it next week.
I hadn’t thought about them shipping some to the east coast as well. Here I was thinking they’d all go to the west coast & be trucked across the country. I didn’t even realize what a big port Baltimore is for items (like European cars) coming over from Europe.

Yep, I'm on the list with a dealer nearby and have checked many times from Austin. I'm betting Gulf States has them and is loading up port add-ons nobody wants. They'll probably mass release soon. My dealer expects to start getting allocations in April.
I've been messaging my dealer here in Dallas every week, still no new on when they will get them.

As of yesterday morning, "my" FE appears to have shown up in my dealer's inventory. I may or may not check a few times a day ha! The temp VIN they gave me no longer works but the permanent VIN on the listing matches all the specs for mine - and it's their only allocation - so has to be the one. Now when I search within 500 miles of the dealer's zip code, there are 31 LCs (all FEs) showing up. It's a very small dealer, as are the others within 500 miles, so it's fun to see them in the pipeline for production!

One of the dealers I had my name down on a list gave me call with there first allocation here in Virginia. $10,000 markup 🤮 (no thanks)

View attachment 1162
Why don't they call it what it is...."Dealer Adjustments"......I have seen alot and hear alot in my lifetime but that is a new way of saying .... (add what you want here!)

Last edited:
Curious how the allocations work. My dealer (salesman) seems to not explain the process very well. I put a deposit down in August 2023-day after reveal and was already number 5 on a list- if /when a dealer says they have an allocation for you.. what will that mean? Does it vary by dealerships? Meaning .. is your vehicle built and ready to ship or shipped.. or does this mean it’s just now being built and not shipped yet ? Or will that vary? Thanks !!

Curious how the allocations work. My dealer (salesman) seems to not explain the process very well. I put a deposit down in August 2023-day after reveal and was already number 5 on a list- if /when a dealer says they have an allocation for you.. what will that mean? Does it vary by dealerships? Meaning .. is your vehicle built and ready to ship or shipped.. or does this mean it’s just now being built and not shipped yet ? Or will that vary? Thanks !!
My dealer took a deposit on an allocated vehicle (spec sheet with a temporary VIN assigned - noted by letters in the last 6). I negotiated price and signed a purchase agreement with the stated TSRP and wired the deposit. A few days later the dealer advised of the build date on the line in Japan. Approximately 3-4 days after the build date, the dealer emailed me the new permanent VIN (all numbers in last 6 digits) which you can now track on Toyota’s website.

Initially you can plug the temp VIN in on the website and it will show up, once the vehicle makes it to the production line and it receives the permanent VIN, the temporary will cease to work.

Best I understand it based on my experience. My Build is complete, I’m just waiting on it to be loaded on a cargo ship heading this way. (Port of Tacoma)

That helps to know your your experience. So if they have one allocated it does not mean it’s on its way .. it prob means it is about to be built , and hasn’t shipped -until I get a permanent VIN its literally just in the making .. Good luck hope yours starts its journey soon

My perspective: I'm #8 on the list, and i was told the list depends on what people want ahead of you. Example: I am interested in LC with premium package, listed 3 possible colors. Which is a bit specific, so I could be waiting a bit.

As I'm not interested in FE or 1958. I shouldn't get a call.
(According to smart path, my local dealer is getting 3 FEs. )

I also asked for LC prem pkg in 3 colors… so I do know I’ll get passed over until one of those come in - thank you, I did get that part. I was trying to understand if they get an alert to their allocation for the month or what have you, if it meant those were ready to ship or if they were starting the build process. Hopefully we both see our LC come in soon ..

A year ago, I started my looking around at cars. Went to them and was told on the spot (for the models I was interested in), we have nothing to sell, you have to get in line.
As smartpath gets updated, they go through their lists and call the clients.

I remember when I bought my Subaru in 2016, it was similar. I thought I would go in and just get a car. But outback's were so popular then, I had to get on a list, and same thing, tell them what colors I wanted. I was then called about 90 days later and was told there was one on the way, and if I wanted it, I needed to tell them "now".

I feel this is very similar to that experience. I'll get a call when my turn is up as one is on the way that fits my wants.

Back