2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

njdevils89

📛 Founding Member
Jan 12, 2024
Squan, NJ
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Compass (turning into a LC), 1990 Jeep Comanche
Just reserving a spot on the forum for any update(s) any member has regarding production updates for the North American market 2024+ LCs...thank you in advance

The diving impressions for the GX550 will be released Feb 1st. A little taste of what the LC will be like?

I'm definitely out on the GX now as much as I love the looks. Check out these INSANE Canadian prices!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 7.25.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 7.25.54 PM.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 305
I'm definitely out on the GX now as much as I love the looks. Check out these INSANE Canadian prices!

Wow, that is high! Does the new Land Cruiser get Front Side Acoustic Glass?

Wow, that is high! Does the new Land Cruiser get Front Side Acoustic Glass?
No idea. But this had me checking Tacoma and Tundra pricing Canada - US. For the most part, we're about 20% higher than you guys, which is reasonable. So maybe this is just a Lexus thing 🤷‍♂️.

I hope so, because if the LC is 38% higher here than the US like the Lexus (I'm predicting ~ $65k US for the premium mid trim), I'd be looking down the barrel of a $90k vehicle. Not going there.

I believe the Land Cruiser premium mid trim will be 90ish k cad all in ontario as our taxes are 13 percent
I’m having strong doubts . My get a new pilot touring slightly used for 65ish all in

I believe the Land Cruiser premium mid trim will be 90ish k cad all in ontario as our taxes are 13 percent
I’m having strong doubts . My get a new pilot touring slightly used for 65ish all in
The dealer I'm working with here said they expect a mid-60's starting price for the base model, which should put the mid-grade trim $75'ish based on pricing of the Tundra. We'll see. I hope he's right. That's before tax of course. Lucky for me, I only pay the 5% GST.

I think you guys are a little low on your estimates. Starting price will be around $55k USD before tax. If we use current models to convert that to CAD, the 4Runner TRD Pro is a good comparable. That comes in at just over $70k CAD. I believe the LC trim premium package will almost eclipse the base model GX at around $87k CAD, and the standard LC trim will be around $80k CAD.

Edit: The prices in that image shared above seem too high. You can build the GX on Lexus Canada’s website now, the base model is $87k CAD.

Last edited:
I think you guys are a little low on your estimates. Starting price will be around $55k USD before tax. If we use current models to convert that to CAD, the 4Runner TRD Pro is a good comparable. That comes in at just over $70k CAD. I believe the LC trim premium package will almost eclipse the base model GX at around $87k CAD, and the standard LC trim will be around $80k CAD.

Edit: The prices in that image shared above seem too high. You can build the GX on Lexus Canada’s website now, the base model is $87k CAD.
Hi,
I think our prices are ok, as the Canadian pricing for most vehicles and Toyota included is not a conversion from US currency. They are actually cheaper here than the currency would imply, but we have higher sales tax. There are a lot of used vehicles exported to USA from Canada for these reasons.

yea with the deinstaions and fees. added to the 55.1 but still I get your point. I hope it snot like this for the LC. maybe as it's made in Japan.
im worried your right adn our prices in canada will be even higher as made in Japan .
The grand highlander plat hybrid max, is far from a direct currency conversion though.
59.87 USD plus tax, 68.7 CAD plus tax. which should be 80 k CAD! so over11k cad cheaper here in canada.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.55.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.55.39 PM.png
    281.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.56.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 12.56.33 PM.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 221
you have to think the online configurator comes alive in February or early March, right?

Didn't one of the videos say that the Lexus press release is Feb 1. I assume LC is not that far behind it. They do seem to be spinning up the marketing machine a bit more recently.

Back