2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

Unless Toyota USA does someting completely different than Canada, there really isnt much to configure. Choose one of three (four if you include First Edition) models and choose a color. (Certain models get certain colors) They dont really do options.. only part unreleased is pricing at this point. Check out the Canadian pre-order guide posted in a different thread..

I think there are a couple of factors involved in the release date.

(1) There seems to be a delay with the hybrid drivetrain. Case in point, Tacoma is coming forth with the gasoline trim levels, but not hybrid. The Lexus GX hybrid is delayed,
(2) 4Runner sales are great! So hold back a bit on the full line (think Trailhunter)

Unless Toyota USA does someting completely different than Canada, there really isnt much to configure. Choose one of three (four if you include First Edition) models and choose a color. (Certain models get certain colors) They dont really do options.. only part unreleased is pricing at this point. Check out the Canadian pre-order guide posted in a different thread..
I think there's going to be options packages. I want to say that I heard (or read) one review stating that there will be a "premium package" on the LC trim for things like the HUD and a few other widgets.

And if the Taco is any indicator...The premium package will be TEN GRAND lol

I think there's going to be options packages. I want to say that I heard (or read) one review stating that there will be a "premium package" on the LC trim for things like the HUD and a few other widgets.

And if the Taco is any indicator...The premium package will be TEN GRAND lol
For sure, re the $10K! However, the Taco Limited is one well-equipped truck! Count me in on the premium package!

Attached is from the Canadian order guide.. showing the options that come with each model.. I suppose they could have some things optional (cold box, HUD etc) buty if its anything like the 4Runner, its a what you see is what you get model.

Attachments

• Toyota LC.png
    Toyota LC.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 168
The dealer I'm working with here said they expect a mid-60's starting price for the base model, which should put the mid-grade trim $75'ish based on pricing of the Tundra. We'll see. I hope he's right. That's before tax of course. Lucky for me, I only pay the 5% GST.

Wish, I were that lucky only paying 5%sales tax. Did serve US Army for 13 years though. Hoping configurator app opens up soon, so we can start daydreaming. Wait is long, really long. Rising prices have made me drop Lexus idea altogether, because Lexus is not hybrid.

Outside of the for-show 20" wheels, I like everything I see on the above Premium Package!
Thats what I have a deposit down for... main attractions for me are the better stereo, memory/power seats, and leather.. although softex have been fine in my 4Runner.

I imagine most of the bolt on goodies on the First Edition will be available for purchase soon after as well. (Skid plates, lighting, etc)

Attachments

• Land Cruiser First Edition.jpg
    Land Cruiser First Edition.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 165
Wish, I were that lucky only paying 5%sales tax. Did serve US Army for 13 years though. Hoping configurator app opens up soon, so we can start daydreaming. Wait is long, really long. Rising prices have made me drop Lexus idea altogether, because Lexus is not hybrid.
Vets get a tax break in CA? Regarding hybrid vs non-hybrid is something I struggle with, presuming this vehicle will be a "keeper" at 10+ years for me... The embargo on road reviews of the GX will be lifted on 2/1, and I expect with the V6 and 10-speed it will be one smooth running machine.

Thats what I have a deposit down for... main attractions for me are the better stereo, memory/power seats, and leather.. although softex have been fine in my 4Runner.
Softex would be OK for me also, as Toyota leather has not impressed. It completely deteriorated on a RAV4 we owned, in spite of treatment. Would Lexus leather be of higher quality?

Attached is from the Canadian order guide.. showing the options that come with each model.. I suppose they could have some things optional (cold box, HUD etc) buty if its anything like the 4Runner, its a what you see is what you get model.
No memory seats for a 65k vehicle is hilarious. My 2002 Silverado had auto headlights and memory seats. Nobody de-contents like Toyota LOL

Except maybe GM on having a truck (Colorado) that doesn't have cruise control without adding a package to it.

The guide is saying the 1st edition in Canada only available in heritage blue and trail dust (sand)? You think thatll apply to USA?

And that is why I think many want the builder to come online. The total cost for our dreaming. If the LC with Premium really is a 75K car, then I'm out as well. With the Lexus GX topping out at 81K for the Luxury+, somehow, I think it's more along the line of 70. Course, I AM being hopeful here.

And that is why I think many want the builder to come online. The total cost for our dreaming. If the LC with Premium really is a 75K car, then I'm out as well. With the Lexus GX topping out at 81K for the Luxury+, somehow, I think it's more along the line of 70. Course, I AM being hopeful here.
Right there with you.

If the LC trim is available with some boxes checked and 65k and under, I'm in. If it's intentionally constrained and 70k plus? They can f*** all the way off, I'll continue to not support 30-50% increases in MSRPs in 5 years and just buy something used.

Softex would be OK for me also, as Toyota leather has not impressed. It completely deteriorated on a RAV4 we owned, in spite of treatment. Would Lexus leather be of higher quality?
My '07 Tundra with 550,000km on it (that's like 330,000 miles, I think) has not a single crack in the leather. It's been bulletproof. I doubt the Rav4 gets the same grade of leather though.

The longer the delay of any meaningful information: actual availability dates, configurator, pricing etc., the more I'm inclined to wait for the new 4Runner and do a good comparison before deciding. Had the LC been available in the spring of 2024 as first teased, it would be LC for me. Now, not so sure.

The longer the delay of any meaningful information: actual availability dates, configurator, pricing etc., the more I'm inclined to wait for the new 4Runner and do a good comparison before deciding. Had the LC been available in the spring of 2024 as first teased, it would be LC for me. Now, not so sure.
agree Bill. if the 4runner is cheaper and has a model with full time 4wd and 3rd row . that may take it

Back