2024+ LC Production Updates (USA/Canada)

The longer the delay of any meaningful information: actual availability dates, configurator, pricing etc., the more I'm inclined to wait for the new 4Runner and do a good comparison before deciding. Had the LC been available in the spring of 2024 as first teased, it would be LC for me. Now, not so sure.
I'm interested in the hybrid. But, if the hybrid engine will be the same on the GX550h, Land Cruiser, and the hybrid version of the 4Runner, I will be very curious to see the comparative price points.

The longer the delay of any meaningful information: actual availability dates, configurator, pricing etc., the more I'm inclined to wait for the new 4Runner and do a good comparison before deciding. Had the LC been available in the spring of 2024 as first teased, it would be LC for me. Now, not so sure.
I've mentioned it elsewhere on here, but if the LC isn't reasonably available (and priced, with a couple of boxes checked), I will 100% take my money to a used 4Runner. I'm tired of Toyota and all the others raising their prices by 30-50% in the last 4 years, posting record profits, and every single step of the chain taking a bigger chunk from the consumer. Between all that and intentionally constraining supply to keep the prices up...I'm really pretty done with them.

I know I'm the minority, and I'm farting in the wind here. But I can afford anything Toyota makes, and I'm half a hair from them not getting a dollar from me. I have hope, or I wouldn't be here posting like a moron...But it's a slim hope.

I've mentioned it elsewhere on here, but if the LC isn't reasonably available (and priced, with a couple of boxes checked), I will 100% take my money to a used 4Runner. I'm tired of Toyota and all the others raising their prices by 30-50% in the last 4 years, posting record profits, and every single step of the chain taking a bigger chunk from the consumer. Between all that and intentionally constraining supply to keep the prices up...I'm really pretty done with them.

I know I'm the minority, and I'm farting in the wind here. But I can afford anything Toyota makes, and I'm half a hair from them not getting a dollar from me. I have hope, or I wouldn't be here posting like a moron...But it's a slim hope.
I agree. Vote with your wallet, and you will be replaced by those with pent up demand to get the latest and the greatest. There are plenty of brand new 4Runners available now that the so called supply chain is fixed. Being in the minority simply means Toyota does not care about you. They currently have a rash of Rav 4's with air bags primed with shrapnel to deal with. I have no problem walking away from a deal i will never get.

agree Bill. if the 4runner is cheaper and has a model with full time 4wd and 3rd row . that may take it
I expect the 4Runner Limited will have full-time 4WD and come in around the same price as the 1958. It’ll be better equipped but probably without a rear locker. I think the Land Cruiser badge will cost you about $5,000. That’s worth it to me since I’ve always wanted a Land Cruiser and will keep it forever.

I agree. Vote with your wallet, and you will be replaced by those with pent up demand to get the latest and the greatest. There are plenty of brand new 4Runners available now that the so called supply chain is fixed. Being in the minority simply means Toyota does not care about you. They currently have a rash of Rav 4's with air bags primed with shrapnel to deal with. I have no problem walking away from a deal i will never get.
I'll buy a used 4Runner. I ain't skeert of that. 2023 TRD Pro in Solar Ocane has been on my list for a year and a half lol. The only reason I don't own one right now, is they announced the LC and I really dig it.

I expect the 4Runner Limited will have full-time 4WD and come in around the same price as the 1958. It’ll be better equipped but probably without a rear locker. I think the Land Cruiser badge will cost you about $5,000. That’s worth it to me since I’ve always wanted a Land Cruiser and will keep it forever.
I dont off road, but always wanted a Land Cruiser - will start off roading though if get one !

I dont off road, but always wanted a Land Cruiser - will start off roading though if get one !
I might do some adventure/overlanding type stuff, or very controlled off-roading on my own property to get it flexed out and test its capabilities without scratching up the paint or damaging something underneath.

A 2024 4Runner Limited loaded up is already $55k. My guess is the 2025 redesigned Limited will run $57k loaded, and at least $60k loaded with the iForce MAX. Figure $65k for the 2025 TRD PRO. So the LC probably isn't that much further out of reach, really. The 4Runner is still different enough, and frankly, I'm not a big fan of the current 4Runner. The 2025 should be a lot better overall than the current Gen, but I don't expect it to be better enough to pull me away from the LC since it won't be a whole lot cheaper.

We don't know how things compare until builder is up and running. Considering the 2024 4runner builder options run from 1K all the way up to 10K on top of trim price, it's hard to say. We don't know what the premium package will cost in the LC, we know the 2024 Tacoma premium all in starts at $8800, so that 10K price I saw earlier is entirely possible.

1706714239164.png

Either way, wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 2-5% increase on car pricing for next year anyway across the board.
I like what someone said early, lead with your wallet. Get what you want with what you feel comfortable to spend.

We don't know how things compare until builder is up and running. Considering the 2024 4runner builder options run from 1K all the way up to 10K on top of trim price, it's hard to say. We don't know what the premium package will cost in the LC, we know the 2024 Tacoma premium all in starts at $8800, so that 10K price I saw earlier is entirely possible.

View attachment 810
Either way, wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 2-5% increase on car pricing for next year anyway across the board.
I like what someone said early, lead with your wallet. Get what you want with what you feel comfortable to spend.
Yeah, ain't that some crap?

We're going to take the options you like, off. Then package them with a bunch of trash and tack nine grand on the price.

Then the port adds $2,000 running boards and $500 clear film behind the door handles.

Then the dealer gets it. Now your "MSRP of mid 50s" is $70,000 and Paint buys a used car instead lol

Which is why I suspect....Dealers wont go above MSRP because they don't have to. Those options are cash enough.... haha

At the end of the video the reviewer says Toyota has a boat load of GX's (maybe LC's too?) on the way over to California. He also mentions Toyota says to expect them on the lots in the beginning of Q2.

Last edited:
Went to my dealer today. Ordered the LC there months ago but this was the first time I set foot in the door. Got connected to them through my friend who is a GM at a different brand (used to be Toyota).

Saw their list, saw my name on the list. Lots they don’t know yet, but some they do. They’re a Tier 1 dealer and Toyota Canada has confirmed the number they are going to get in 2024. It’s really not a lot. And looks like that dealer has a wait list already out to 2026.

Went to my dealer today. Ordered the LC there months ago but this was the first time I set foot in the door. Got connected to them through my friend who is a GM at a different brand (used to be Toyota).

Saw their list, saw my name on the list. Lots they don’t know yet, but some they do. They’re a Tier 1 dealer and Toyota Canada has confirmed the number they are going to get in 2024. It’s really not a lot. And looks like that dealer has a wait list already out to 2026.
Nice. I have ordered from two small dealerships in Ontario and I believe they are getting 4-5 each in 2024

I believe the first shipment of GX550s are on cargo ship to CA as we speak from a youtube video source (TFL). I would expect them in dealerships by middle of March/early April...make their may to the east coast from there. figure the LCs will be about 2 months behind

Back