Windshield Replacement Backordered Indefinitely

Mookie242

📛 Founding Member
Oct 10, 2024
Michigan
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I have a huge crack in my 2024 Land Cruiser windshield. Called all the local auto glass shops (and my dealer), and they all told me no ETA on when a replacement windshield may become available. Super frustrating. Anything I can do on my end to expedite this? Thank you!

Update: seemed to make some headway calling Toyota corporate. They created a case number and promised they would rush me to the front of the line. Fingers crossed.

My windshield was replaced today by my local glass shop. It took them a few weeks to get parts but it got done. Incident on Aug 30. Contacted shop a week later, it took them a bit to sort out part numbers etc so they didn't order until mid Sept. Parts came in yesterday and were installed today. So it's not really so bad.

Any idea what a new windshield will cost? A friend of mine got a bad ding and was told a windshield would be $3k. That seems very high . . . but what do I know?

Any idea what a new windshield will cost? A friend of mine got a bad ding and was told a windshield would be $3k. That seems very high . . . but what do I know?
The total cost for mine was about $1,500 CDN paid by insurance (installed, less deductible of course)

Last edited:
I have one on order from the dealership and it was a little over $1k. $3k is seriously overpriced!

Back