Not used to the attention this thing is getting

Syed117

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 23, 2024
Media
NY
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250
Never really had attention getting vehicles. The few Mercedes' over the last 10 years get a "nice car" once in a while, but in the last two months of having the 250, I've been approached more than any other car in my life combined.

Was out in the driveway washing and a guy stopped his car in the middle of the street to ask what it was and that he drives by it every day and loves the way it looks.

Before that I was waiting for a guy to leave a parking spot so I could park and instead he got out of his car and came up to my window and started asking me about it.

Been randomly approached 7-8 times. Also appreciate that in a growing sea of GXs, I'm the rare LC. Have not seen one other than mine. At least not here on Long Island.

Recent shot. Friend flew in from Tokyo the other day and I said I would bring something Japanese to get him. He really liked it.
PXL_20241005_151239047.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Same here. Lots of double takes, smiles and confused looks on the road. Some folks even look down or away to conceal their lustful eyes. I drive through an affluent neighborhood on my way home from work and every other car i pass is a land rover and those folks always look hard.

I was at a stop light and a Crown Vic going the other way said over a PA system "your car is filthy."

Being that I had just purchased it the day before, and it was in fact quite clean, I learned as a 54yo boomer that "filthy" is Seattle area slang. Filthy means hot, really cool, or tight.

High praise indeed.

Yeah i have had several people come up to me in parking lots And ask me about it. A guy next to me at a stop light yelled at me thru my window to ask me about it. Lol

Never really had attention getting vehicles. The few Mercedes' over the last 10 years get a "nice car" once in a while, but in the last two months of having the 250, I've been approached more than any other car in my life combined.

Was out in the driveway washing and a guy stopped his car in the middle of the street to ask what it was and that he drives by it every day and loves the way it looks.

Before that I was waiting for a guy to leave a parking spot so I could park and instead he got out of his car and came up to my window and started asking me about it.

Been randomly approached 7-8 times. Also appreciate that in a growing sea of GXs, I'm the rare LC. Have not seen one other than mine. At least not here on Long Island.

Recent shot. Friend flew in from Tokyo the other day and I said I would bring something Japanese to get him. He really liked it.
View attachment 14245
Agreed. Mercedes / BMW's / Range Rovers are a dime-a-dozen in every city anymore and everyone and their dog owns / leases one. Nothing different about them anymore.

The Land Cruiser is still pretty rare and exclusive and is designed for a certain buyer.

I am having the house painted and had the garage doors up yesterday morning. The project managers who were at the townhouse were all intrigued with the new Land Cruiser and hadn't seen one yet. They were way more interested in my LC than their job for the day. Ha

This is the first vehicle Iโ€™ve owned that got this much attention. There werenโ€™t many around Denver when I first got it, and it seemed like everywhere I stopped someone was asking about it or telling me it was the first theyโ€™d seen in person. It was even crazier in Moab, I had at least 2 people come up and talk to me about it every time I got gas, went to the supermarket, get dinner. The day I was packing up to head home one of the doctors at the hospital in Moab walked across from their parking to my Airbnb to ask me questions and take some pictures of it.

That's a great color combination. I didn't know that was an option. My car is straight black, and it's generated a lot of interest. I also checked out the GX 550, and personally preferred the front end on the LC, although I was a little hesitant with the turbo hybrid 4 vs the turbo 6. In retrospect, I like the drivetrain and mileage. Either is a good looking vehicle, but I've seen more GXs around that LCs. Toyota got this one more right than the new 4Runner, at least in my opinion.

Got my first hint of this yesterday afternoon at the dealership taking delivery. Some guy asks a salesman what that Toyota is, and is it available.

Sorry my man, but we were signing the paperwork as he asked and temp tags were on it already.

Then last night topping up the fuel to hand calculate mileage after we got home two young soldiers in a lifted 3rd Gen Tacoma set up for overland had a bunch of questions. They knew exactly what it was though, no confusion. Hopefully when they get out of the Army theyโ€™ll have the income to buy their own. Had a good conversation with them about our experiences in Iraq 20 years apart in service.

So even if your people skills are trash the new Land Cruiser might still make you new friends.

Stopped at a light in Napa, I had someone in a Range Rover honking his horn repeatedly. Took me a while to realize he was honking at me lol. He motioned to roll down my window, seemingly excited to tell me "that's the first I've see on those!".

Back