What causes Cam shaft Broken twice on my Toyota Land Cruiser 76 series?

Kagomnawe

📛 Founding Member
Sep 26, 2024
Papua New Guinea
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 76 series
Need urgent help from genuine people here.

I have experienced 2 times cam shaft broken.

First one broke and damaged all the sims and I replaced with reconditioned head and replaced gasket.
After few 2 days drive text everything okay. I left the vehicle at home for body work. After body done go 3 weeks and I start the vehicle and engage reverse gear and release clutch and car stopped. I tried my best to start the car and it feels like game.

Machanic removed the head cover and we noticed that cam shaft broke into 4 pieces. The head seems dry and noticeable of iron filings from frictions. Seem there is no oil coming up to head. My mechanic and we suspect the oil pump but this is second time and need help form anyone here have ideas on what are contributing to this issue.

Thanks and appreciate your help.

Kagom Nawe

Hey Kagom,

Hopefully someone on here is also an enthusiast of the 76 series & might have some knowledge to share! Though this forum is primarily for the 250 with many members from N.America where the 76 wasn’t sold. So it may be a bit.

I know the IH8MUD Forum IH8Mud forum has many more different LC’s represented, so you might find more help there too.

Back