2025 Land Cruiser offering optional liftgate lighting 😡

These are standard even on the 1958 in Canada, is that not the case in the US? They're adequate for my needs.
Yeah they are on my US 1958 and I think they absolutely suck. A bright led dome light over the cargo area is what is really needed. The one over the 2nd row is not adequate either. I think the ones on the lift gate may be too far back and my shadow will get in the way when I’m looking for something.

Good point about your body casting a shadow if you're standing in the middle.

Not that this is in dire need of addressing, but if I ever wanted to upgrade the setup, I would just upgrade the baby LEDs on the pillars and keep the setup 100% "stock". It's in an non-obscured spot, it's pointed the right way and you can use the leads that the existing light is using.

Good point about your body casting a shadow if you're standing in the middle.

Not that this is in dire need of addressing, but if I ever wanted to upgrade the setup, I would just upgrade the baby LEDs on the pillars and keep the setup 100% "stock". It's in a non-obscured spot, it's pointed the right way and you can use the leads that the existing light is using.
Yes it will be nice to see what type LED upgrades become available.

I, personally, don’t like anything about the 2025 Land Cruiser. The tailgate lighting is just inferior to my 2024 LC.

Additionally, my henchman did a 3 hour tap test on all the materials inside and outside of the 2025 LC, and it is clear the materials are inferior as well to my 2024.

/S/ Josh’s Cars of Japan.

Back