"Vehicle Protection Premium Package"?

DctrEvil

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Media
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
For those of you that have taken delivery, can you provide us a little more information of what you received as part of this dealer or port added option?
-Like what is the extent of the Paint Protection film? Front half or hood? Front portion of wing fenders? Painted portions of bumper?
-If my spec has leather, how can they apply "fabric guard", etc

My dealer tried to add their own additional $599 "appearance package", which I refused to pay for and they agreed not to do it.

Thanks for your experience!

Below is an older photo, mine was listed as $599 on my incoming vehicle's spec sheet...

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 7.55.32โ€ฏAM.png

Don't do partial hood coverage for PPF. Yes, it will protect it from most of the rock chips, but the seam between the PPF and the bare hood will be obvious, and the seam will collect extra dirt, which will show as wear on the paint when you remove the PPF.

The fabric guard is just some spray that they apply. Likely contains PFAS and wouldn't add any value if you intend to use all weather floor mats

Don't do partial hood coverage for PPF. Yes, it will protect it from most of the rock chips, but the seam between the PPF and the bare hood will be obvious, and the seam will collect extra dirt, which will show as wear on the paint when you remove the PPF.

The fabric guard is just some spray that they apply. Likely contains PFAS and wouldn't add any value if you intend to use all weather floor mats
Thanks for the info! Ugh, unfortunately , this is one of those regional (Gulf States Toyota) add-ons that was added at allocation and will be done at their processing center just prior to truck departure, so I have no ability to change it.

I guess I'll take a look and see how terribly obvious the seam is on my black vehicle and peel it off if it looks terrible.

The ppf being new is easy to peel off . I requested no ppf or paint protections applied . I had ceramic coating applied by local installer .

It will likely look fine at first, but if you're going to take it in for window tint, I suggest replacing it with a full hood PPF and maybe doing mirrors / door cups at the same time

Just remember ppf dries , discolors and cracks over time . If it is not removed before it gets brittle it will have to be scraped off and areas will most likely have to be repainted

Geeze, this was an $818 option on my LC FE. And now I get to peel it off.

It depends on conditions it is used , parked and stored in . Anywhere from 4-8 years would be a guess . It will become hard to peel off before it starts cracking or yellowing

Just peeled-off mine. Very easy. Just pulled it back, slow and steadily. I had started to notice an obvious black line of filth outlining the film (against LCs white paint) which I really didn't like. I prefer a clean look and no future problems with the film, so decided to just take it off.

Dealer is requiring ppf on mine as premium on the FE. I tried to tell them I didn't want it but no dice. Better then paying $5000 for market adjustment which is what all the other dealers are doing here and you get nothing. Door edge and chip guards, hood chip ppf.

Back