Toyita forgot a light for rear Cargo Area??

Winchester44

📛 Founding Member
Aug 14, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
2024 LC LC Trim
Anyone have any idea on how to add lights for the cargo area? I don’t know how or why but it appears there is no lighting back there as I recently discovered on a dark and moonless night at the campsite. The only overhead lights are the front console map lights and 2nd row. What the heck Toyota?

Anyone have any idea on how to add lights for the cargo area? I don’t know how or why but it appears there is no lighting back there as I recently discovered on a dark and moonless night at the campsite. The only overhead lights are the front console map lights and 2nd row. What the heck Toyota?
Looks as if Toyota fixed you up for the 2025 model year.

It has these lights already on either side. They work well enough. LC trim premium.
IMG_7430.jpeg

Last edited:
It has these lights already on either side. They work well enough. LC trim premium.
View attachment 13362

Curious why you feel that way? They seem to only cover about 1/4 of the cargo area and are also mounted low, when you have items stacked above them, they are concealed.
Maybe OK to illuminate three or four grocery bags but not really enough to illuminate the whole cargo area like a simple overhead light that every other Toyota SUV seems to have to the best of my knowledge.

Attachments

• IMG_9852.jpeg
    IMG_9852.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I just bought an aftermarket “rechargeable” magnetic light… it will work for now….

Attachments

• IMG_4296.jpeg
    IMG_4296.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4295.jpeg
    IMG_4295.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 13
Could one plug a motion sensing night light into the inverter plug?

Back