Tow Hitch

I removed the tow hitch cover and put on the smaller cover with a hitch. Tip when you remove the cover there’s 2 tabs underneath that you should remove first and then pull it off.
Old post, however, I just finally received my LC. What is the easiest way to remove those two tabs underneath the hitch cover? They don't seem to want to release easily. I must not be doing something right. Thanks.

Old post, however, I just finally received my LC. What is the easiest way to remove those two tabs underneath the hitch cover? They don't seem to want to release easily. I must not be doing something right. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241004_170218_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20241004_170218_Firefox.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 17
Thank you for your replies. I did climb under there and was able to easily pry them off.
The rear looks significantly better with the upper cover only. 👍

Thank you for this. I had no idea a smaller cover was hidden in my storage behind the seats of my vehicle. I looked at the manual about getting the big one off, and there's zero mention of the tabs on the bottom.
Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 11.11.00 AM.png

Thank you for this. I had no idea a smaller cover was hidden in my storage behind the seats of my vehicle. I looked at the manual about getting the big one off, and there's zero mention of the tabs on the bottom.View attachment 15825
Yes, that is surprising they don't mention these lower tabs. If one were to follow the manual and pull too hard, you could tear the bumper cover.
This is another reason why I always make it a point to never read the owner's manual.

Thank you for this. I had no idea a smaller cover was hidden in my storage behind the seats of my vehicle. I looked at the manual about getting the big one off, and there's zero mention of the tabs on the bottom.View attachment 15825
I can't remember if the small cover came with 2 push pin connectors or if I reused the ones from the big cover ... but yeah it looks good with the small cover

Attachments

• 20241025_085523.jpg
    20241025_085523.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240914_074130.jpg
    20240914_074130.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 2
Back