agjake01

📛 Founding Member
Sep 9, 2023
Media
North Bend, WA
Vehicles
2016 Wrangler JKU
IMG_9285.jpeg
As we put our LCs through the paces and use them as they were intended, I figured a place to share cleaning hacks is warranted.

I recently did 200 mi along some of the dustiest trails I’ve ever been on (think Pig Pen). Hours of using the wipers dry to clear the windshield enough to see out of. Needless to say, I knew the cleanup would be a chore, but..

IMG_2134.jpeg

IMG_9890.jpeg

Queue the hacks -

I recently got a Milwaukee M18 blower and I’ve been using it for a few months on our cars instead of the ShopVac. It’s been a game changer on removing dog hair from all the cracks and crevices and it will change your life! Just open up all the doors and blow everything out, interior is done in under a minute.

IMG_9290.jpeg

The Milwaukee did a great job removing most of the dust and dirt (even cleaned the air filter pretty well) - then on to the stage two weapon - the “Tornador” blow out gun.

IMG_9291.jpeg

For those of you with tanked air compressors, I wasn’t familiar with this attachment until my brother (Porsche guy) clued me into it. This is an amazing tool for your kit and you should go buy it now, or at least watch some videos.

Basic premise is a weighted blow tip rotates inside the horn to create a vortex, blowing even the finest particulates out of carpets, seats, cracks, and crevices.

Between the Milwaukee, the Tornador, and some 303 Interior spray, I’m back to a showroom interior.

Exterior was much easier, just some pressure washing, Maguire’s wash, and then some Turtle Wash / Wash & Wax.

Hope this helps someone, free to share your hacks!

Back