Tire Upgrade ?

This looks incredible! Can you send a profile shot? Does this not rub and are you comfortable that it won't hit the wheel wells in offroad conditions? Thanks!!

Still havent had much drive time on with this setup. I can say so far so good. Time will tell. I will update my findings.

For offroad this setup will probably need a lift.

Last edited:
Apparently the fe has a spare wheel/rim that matches the other rims. Can anyone vouch for the lc premie on 20’s if the spare also matches what’s on the vehicle?

Don’t worry the road noise will increase as they wear. Cooper makes a good at tire that is tough but in my experience they wear bad.
I’ve heard the same in the past. Time will tell how these new Road + Trail AT’s do, they are using different compounds and my understanding is it is Cooper’s first AT designed entirely using computer modeling. I’ve read that Cooper was given a big budget with the Goodyear acquisition, but otherwise let alone to design and build tires.

Does anyone have photos of the stock 20" wheel with upgraded tires? Especially the 33" size 275/60R20?

Also, what is the stock tire for the 20" wheels?

Must
Resist
Urge
To
Immediately
Copy
:love:
"I was able to fit my hand into front & rear at full lock"
Is that sure at full flex with 33x12.5R18 on ET:+40mm rim ?? ... NO rub at all with stock suspension ??

Attachments

• Espace pneu devant .JPEG
    Espace pneu devant .JPEG
    426.7 KB · Views: 208
  • espace arrière .JPEG
    espace arrière .JPEG
    244.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Can anyone vouch for the lc premie on 20’s if the spare also matches what’s on the vehicle?

Mine has a matching 20" spare wheel

Does anyone have photos of the stock 20" wheel with upgraded tires? Especially the 33" size 275/60R20?

Also, what is the stock tire for the 20" wheels?
My 20" stock wheels came with Dunlop Grandtrek PT22 265/60r20 tires

I decided to stick with the 265/70r18 Toyo AT3 (same that is on the Trailhunter Taco and the GX) as the tire shop wasn’t sure about 275s clearing at full turn (slightly taller and wider than 265s). I imagine they’ll fit but as I don’t have the truck to measure, I opted to order the factory size.

GX Overtrail looks pretty good with these tires so I got them in a 10ply rather than of a 4ply for increased load capacity and sidewall protection. I think there was a 5lb difference between the plys (43lbs v 48lbs). KO2s were a little over 50lbs for the 10ply.

I’ll run these for the first set and maybe plus up to a 275 or 285 next go round when there is more info on fitment.
Please post pics

I beleive all new Tundra/Sequoia/Tacoma/4Runner wheels share the same bolt pattern and reasonable offsets for a LandCruiser. May not be ideal, but would certainly fit.
Please elaborate, as I am trying to learn. I thought that as long as it fits without rubbing, then we should be good. Are there other aspects other than both pattern,, center, hub, and offset to clear brake calipers that I should be concerned about?

Please elaborate, as I am trying to learn. I thought that as long as it fits without rubbing, then we should be good. Are there other aspects other than both pattern,, center, hub, and offset to clear brake calipers that I should be concerned about?
I would be careful with the talk of no rub and larger tires on this forum. SOME people won’t ever take their lc off road and that’s fine, that is their choice. If you do go off road, especially rock crawling, you’ll want to be sure you don’t rub at full stuff/full lock. Another issue to think about is fitting tall, wide MT even with no rub can the engine spin those 35” tires in deep mud or snow? Personally I think Toyota should put a slightly more aggressive tire than they usually put on their 4wd vehicles but they do it for MPG and smooth ride. It appears many people swapping out tires immediately do it for aesthetic value. I’ll swap in November for blizzaks.

Anyone have experience with the General Grabber ATx? It is one of the only options in SL for 275/70/18. Very mixed reviews on multiple websites. It rains a lot in Mobile, AL where I live and I need some wet traction on the highway and some decent mud traction for my hunting camp.

"I was able to fit my hand into front & rear at full lock"
Is that sure at full flex with 33x12.5R18 on ET:+40mm rim ?? ... NO rub at all with stock suspension ??

Yes, absolutely no rub.

I've upgraded to 305/65/18 right now, also no rub, did some offroad as well, went smooth.

My 20" stock wheels came with Dunlop Grandtrek PT22 265/60r20 tires
Thanks. The US Dunlop site has no info on that tire, all I can find is a Japanese language press release saying it will be on the Land Cruiser!

Thanks. The US Dunlop site has no info on that tire, all I can find is a Japanese language press release saying it will be on the Land Cruiser!

Yeah same, appears to be a special OEM version. I was trying to find the listed weight to compare when tire shopping, but no luck. Did the Japanese site happen to list it?

Yeah same, appears to be a special OEM version. I was trying to find the listed weight to compare when tire shopping, but no luck. Did the Japanese site happen to list it?
No it was just a press release with the model and size, no additional specs.

Just upgraded tires to WILDPEAK At4 including the spare. I kept them a stock size. Worth noting is the spare tire is a matched rim ( at least on the FE) so I went with a spare swap as well. As with my Bronco, I will get all 5 tires rotated during services. No extra for the rotation at my dealer and the tires will last another 20% more.

Out of curiosity (because I'm trying to make this decision as well) did you go with E or SL wildpeaks? Any reasoning for your load rating choice if you don't mind sharing? :)

Back