Tire Upgrade ?

OPTION 3

BBS Forged TRD PRO (18x8 Size / 6x5.5 Bolt / +60 Offset / 95.1mm Hub Bore / Unknown Load / 35 lbs. Weight) - (Part Number: PT960-34220-2F)

TIRE: AT4W (P285/65/R18 SL / 3 Ply / 8.5" Rim / 32.6 x 11.5" / 14 Tread / 2756 Load/ 51 lbs. Weight) - (Part Number: 28844888)

TOTAL WEIGHT: 86 POUNDS
The TRD PRO wheels should actually be a +47 offset if I'm not mistaken. Other factory Tundra wheels are +60 and the 20" TRD wheels are a +50.

(I have a 2022 Tundra that is about to go bye bye)

The TRD PRO wheels should actually be a +47 offset if I'm not mistaken. Other factory Tundra wheels are +60 and the 20" TRD wheels are a +50.

(I have a 2022 Tundra that is about to go bye bye)
Good catch, +47.5 to be exact

Put on some 275 nitto ridge grapplers today. Spare fits fine.
This looks really good!! Would you mind taking a few more pics and posting - different angles ect so we can dream and plot

Good catch, +47.5 to be exact
I'm interested in the 2024 Tacoma TRD accessory wheels that are +45 and a lot more affordable!

TRD wheel.jpg

I'm interested in the 2024 Tacoma TRD accessory wheels that are +45 and a lot more affordable!

View attachment 4861
I’m so close to jumping on these at the price point!! Can’t find any pics of them on vehicles since they are so new. Have to find some black lugs to boot - Not sure if they take the 6 lug / 14x1.5….

I’m so close to jumping on these at the price point!! Can’t find any pics of them on vehicles since they are so new. Have to find some black lugs to boot - Not sure if they take the 6 lug / 14x1.5….
Looks like they just use the same factory lug nuts.

Attachments

• IMG_2331.jpeg
    IMG_2331.jpeg
    739.6 KB · Views: 350
Looks like they just use the same factory lug nuts.
I remember seeing these - I'll go back and ask if he/she can post more pics to get a better look at the vehicle w/ these wheels. Gotta have black lugs though

new member here, got a 1958 last month and recently got tires put on. Nitto Ridge Grapplers, 285/70/18, stock 18" wheels

no trimming needed. mudflaps were removed so they dont get caught on stuff

love the stock look - once lifted, will probably throw 35's on those rims

View attachment 4837View attachment 4838
thanks for sharing the stock rims look better with nice tires !!! This is really inspiring to know a pair off tires and its ready to go....I would leave that bad boy alone haha...Have so done any offroading or beach driving no rubbbing on the wheel wells etc. ?

Can anyone ID these wheels? Like the look personally…

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 8.10.01 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 8.10.01 PM.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 357
After a lot of humming and hawing over what AT tires I'd get, and what size, and what load rating... I took the sensible route and stuck with stock size in an SL load rating - Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 265/70 R18. (Also replaced the spare.)

Ask me in two years for my review!

Attachments

• IMG_8700.jpeg
    IMG_8700.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 316
After a lot of humming and hawing over what AT tires I'd get, and what size, and what load rating... I took the sensible route and stuck with stock size in an SL load rating - Falken Wildpeak A/T4W 265/70 R18. (Also replaced the spare.)

Ask me in two years for my review!
I'm debating do the same.
If possible share more pictures, I'm curious to see if it fills the wheel wells better, as the Falkens typically runs bigger.

I'm debating do the same.
If possible share more pictures, I'm curious to see if it fills the wheel wells better, as the Falkens typically runs bigger.

I'm satisfied. I'm not a big tire guy, and did not want any poke. When I got the LC, i actually was impressed by how big the stock tires were to begin with. The LC is a tall vehicle in real life, I don't think pictures quite capture that, so the tire size relatively doesn't look as big in pictures.

I was deciding between: AT4W, Toyo AT3, Nokian nAT in either stock size at SL, or 275/70r18 at load E.

Attachments

• IMG_8689.jpeg
    IMG_8689.jpeg
    971 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_8698.jpeg
    IMG_8698.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_8699.jpeg
    IMG_8699.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I'm satisfied. I'm not a big tire guy, and did not want any poke. When I got the LC, i actually was impressed by how big the stock tires were to begin with. The LC is a tall vehicle in real life, I don't think pictures quite capture that, so the tire size relatively doesn't look as big in pictures.

I was deciding between: AT4W, Toyo AT3, Nokian nAT in either stock size at SL, or 275/70r18 at load E.
I'm trying to keep SL by going to OEM size or 285/65R18 (AT4W) which is the same height, just wider...
Otherwise not sure how the extra weight (18lbs) of the LT285/70R18 C will affect (MPG and comfort) compared to the previous options...

I'm trying to keep SL by going to OEM size or 285/65R18 (AT4W) which is the same height, just wider...
Otherwise not sure how the extra weight (18lbs) of the LT285/70R18 C will affect (MPG and comfort) compared to the previous options...

Really need stock wheel and tire weights to make the best decision, but haven’t seen them anywhere

Back