Results are only viewable after voting.

Syed117

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 23, 2024
Media
NY
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250
Gotta say like just about everyone else, I hated this feature before I got the lc. It's become one of my favorite things and by far the thing most people think is cool when they take a ride with me.

I usually drive alone and I love having a few chilled bottles of water/soda. Still surprised how cold it gets stuff.

With that said, I do think there should be an optional oem storage divider/organizer to make better use of that space if you don't use the cool function.

Iโ€™m with you. It was tough to accept at first because every car Iโ€™ve ever owned had storage there. Once you get used to the idea that the center console is not a storage bin, it grows on you and you appreciate its function. It works well keeping things cold or even getting a room temp drink cold. I found it useful all summer and got a lot of use out of it - especially on long drives.

Everybody on here (& the GX forums) seems to hate it. But really, while it seems the car lacks storage, how much storage do you really need? I either have a bag full which is sitting on the passenger side floorboard anyways or need almost nothing. I have sunglasses in a case close at hand & thatโ€™s about it. The idea of having a cool box for soda/water (Iโ€™m well beyond the age where Iโ€™d think this might be great for road pops) just sounds great to me actually!

I love it too. Comes in handy for drinks or other things you want to keep chilled - didn't think I'd use it that much, but after the first few times, using it all of the time now.

I do not hate it, but nor do I like it neither.

The issue I had with it is not about storage but the fact that I need to keep the AC on for the whole car. It is not a reasonable design for me. It has a compressor by itself so why do I need to still power my main compressor? The cool box is not going to be useful for at least six months of a year and probably even longer for people live in the north, and it unnecessary drives the car cost high. So I donโ€™t understand why Toyota have to add this luxury in the Land Cruiser.

For luxury feature I would rather spend that money on more soft wrapping inside the car, acoustics glass, E-KDSS, even message chair would add more use for driver rather than a gimmicky coolbox.

Last edited:
Nothing gimmicky about my cool box, itโ€™s used every dayโ€ฆ.adding a shallow gear tray (posted on this forum) was a game changer for me; even quicker cooling and a spot for my sunglasses.

Nothing gimmicky about my cool box, itโ€™s used every dayโ€ฆ.adding a shallow gear tray (posted on this forum) was a game changer for me; even quicker cooling and a spot for my sunglasses.
Which shallow gear tray did you purchase? I like the cool box (and this one is ice cold), however, a shallow tray on top would be slick.

I really didn't think I'd like it but it's grown on me. I'm carrying a few cans of sparkling water and a few small bottles of water. It's nice to just always have a cool drink handy. Also 3d printed a small tray to get some storage space.

Fish in the Cooler Box.jpg

What do you do about condensation pooling inside the cooler and is it easy to clean?
If I use it for a long ride I just leave it open for the night. I keep money and stuff in there so when I use it as a cool box I have to take it out or it will get damp. Overall, I like it.

Back