Suggestion: Complete a break-in oil change on your new Land Cruiser

Does this work on current filter ?
As far as I know ALL current Toyota oil filter housings, and spin on canister filters use a 64mm 14 flute design for installation and removal. That filter wrench works on my 2007 Tundra with a cartridge element in a filter housing, it worked on a 2006 Scion tC with a 2.4L 4 cylinder using a spin on canister filter, a 2010 Lexus RX350, and 2021 Lexus RX350.

If in doubt take an OEM filter to a parts store and see if a 64mm or 65mm 14 flute wrench fit. Avoid plastic wrenches or multi size stepped down 67mm/65mm garbage. Also avoid any of the 1/4” drive crap.

That one uses a 15/16” or 24mm socket to drive, and it fits the filters snugly: no play no slipping off. Removes filters with no screwing around.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
As far as I know ALL Toyota current oil filter housings, and spin on canister filters use a 64mm 14 flute design for installation and removal. That filter wrench works on my 2007 Tundra with a cartridge element in a filter housing, it worked on a 2006 Scion tC with a 2.4L 4 cylinder using a spin on canister filter, a 2010 Lexus RX350, and 2021 Lexus RX350.

If in doubt take an OEM filter to a parts store and see if a 64mm or 65mm 14 flute wrench fit. Avoid plastic wrenches or multi size stepped down 67mm/65mm garbage. Also avoid any of the 1/4” drive crap.

That one uses a 15/16” or 24mm socket to drive, and it fits the filters snugly: no play no slipping off. Removes filters with no screwing around.

Hope this helps!
Yes that helps -

Yes that helps -
Hopefully it will work.

I got mine at the Toyota dealership.

Asked what their techs used to deal with oil filters, they had the tool in stock. Well worth the effort. I’ll bet your local dealer service/parts department will point you in the right direction too.

Hopefully it will work.

I got mine at the Toyota dealership.

Asked what their techs used to deal with oil filters, they had the tool in stock. Well worth the effort. I’ll bet your local dealer service/parts department will point you in the right direction too.
They are not helpful or nice - but I’ll give this a go !

Let me just say it up front, I don't want this this to devolve into any arguments, and I'm sure people will disagree on this topic.

Myself, I will be completing my first oil change somewhere between 500 and 1000 miles. Then every 5,000 thereafter. If you plan to keep your Land Cruiser long term, my suggestion is for you to do the same.

Here's a much better explanation than I could provide, if you are interested.

May we reliably cruise the land in peace.

I'm a Wix guy in general (since owning older Jeeps).

These are the part #s for oil/air/cabin filters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240813-173047.png
    Screenshot_20240813-173047.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 29
I ended up with a Tundra but did still get an oil change at just over 1,000 miles; dealership tech said it looked brand new (which isn’t a sure thing on the Tundra right now 😅)

I ended up with a Tundra but did still get an oil change at just over 1,000 miles; dealership tech said it looked brand new (which isn’t a sure thing on the Tundra right now 😅)

Looked brand new.

Still shiny. Like glitter.

Like glitter???
Yes. Forbidden glitter.

I have to make jokes about V35A-FTS’s failing by eating bearings due to machining debris being left over from manufacturing engine blocks.

If your oil has a bunch of shiny glitter looking stuff in it, that is bad. Very bad.

my friend was telling me how old vehicles were a lot more reliable then new modern vehicles. I remember back in the days people had no problem changing their oil every 3000k miles or 3 months. Now you have car manufacturers tell us change oil at 10000k miles and some are even longer. I can guarantee you a designer who developed these engines will not co-sign to such a crazy interval. I was watching a video of a Japanese guy he was Toyota engineer his suggestion was 3000 miles. Some people will argue that Toyota engines come broken in from the factory that is in fact false.

Back