Stock land cruiser goes down Black Bear Pass in Telluride CO

I will be holding out for whatever Dobinson comes up with and wait for a couple of years for my lift.

I'm thinking Dobinson might be good too and have been thinking of doing kings like I had on my 3rd gen taco with the Total Chaos Unibal UCAs but I ordered the westcott spacer so I can go ahead and buy the larger wheel/tire combo I want. Its gonna be a while before a really good kit comes out for the LC and I want to do the full setup with UCAs and maybe LCAs depending on what gets released. Its what Ive done with pretty much every vehicle I've purchased to offroad in. Ease into it and get a feel for what you want/need then spend the bigger bucks once and be done. Too many people rush out and buy the first big kit that releases when the better stuff usually takes time.

Did y’all notice that they DID NOT take off the front wedge spoilers in front of the front tires? Seemed to do just fine with them in place…

I'm thinking Dobinson might be good too and have been thinking of doing kings like I had on my 3rd gen taco with the Total Chaos Unibal UCAs but I ordered the westcott spacer so I can go ahead and buy the larger wheel/tire combo I want. Its gonna be a while before a really good kit comes out for the LC and I want to do the full setup with UCAs and maybe LCAs depending on what gets released. Its what Ive done with pretty much every vehicle I've purchased to offroad in. Ease into it and get a feel for what you want/need then spend the bigger bucks once and be done. Too many people rush out and buy the first big kit that releases when the better stuff usually takes time.
Exactly my plan - start with 34s and a leveling kit for the first year or two - let people pave the way and let products come out - then 17” rims, 35s, and a 2 or 3” lift.

Back