Steering wheel off center… alignment?

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Media
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
Soon after switching the factory 20” inch wheels for a set of OEM 18” wheels/Michelins, I’ve noticed my steering wheel about 3-4 degrees off center to the left when driving down a perfectly flat and straight road. Didn’t think this change would have been enough to cause this.

I’ always hesitant to let the dealer tinker with a brand new vehicle but I guess I just need to schedule an alignment?

Soon after switching the factory 20” inch wheels for a set of OEM 18” wheels/Michelins, I’ve noticed my steering wheel about 3-4 degrees off center to the left when driving down a perfectly flat and straight road. Didn’t think this change would have been enough to cause this.

I’ always hesitant to let the dealer tinker with a brand new vehicle but I guess I just need to schedule an alignment?
I don’t think a front end wheel alignment will alter the miss alignment of your steering wheel. I don’t know why that happened to your rig.. Something is amiss though.

I don’t think a front end wheel alignment will alter the miss alignment of your steering wheel. I don’t know why that happened to your rig.. Something is amiss though.
@DctrEvil… On second thought, it might have some effect on it. I would have a competent alignment shop, or the dealer see if they can fix that. (I saw a video short by ‘Flying Wrenches’ on how he fixed a Super Duty that was doing the same thing).

Back