Skid plate

With the help of this thread, I installed my new FE style skid plates today! The factory plates on my LC trim are disappointing and inadequate. However, these Toyota FE style kids are robust and bolt on nicely. Thanks all - very worthwhile upgrade.

I was in TIS most of the day downloading stuff and came across an interesting tid bit.....

The bulletin had the so called skid plates listed as part of the aerodynamic package.... as an engine under cover sub-assembly #1 and #2. The skid plate was an accessory and listed as Skid plate............. who knew.....

All trim levels have an engine/transmission skid plate, the FE just has an "upgraded" skid plate, which others have mentioned has unique Toyota branding.View attachment 1669

All trim levels have an engine/transmission skid plate, the FE just has an "upgraded" skid plate, which others have mentioned has unique Toyota branding.View attachment 1669
FYI....I own the Land Cruiser edition and I ordered and received this Toyota branded front skid plate. On the Toyota accessories website for owners it asked me for the VIN number then listed out the parts and accessories that were available for my vehicle. It was $330 after dealer discount. This skid plate is 2.64mm vs the stock skid plate which is 1.7mm. Hopefully it fits. If anyone has the part number for the matching transfer case skid plate please share I think it is PT228-35244 but not totally sure. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    709.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Toyota Order.jpeg
    Toyota Order.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Part Number​
Part Name​
PT228-60242​
Lndc Frskp​
PT228-35241​
Taco Lndc Skpl Under​

These part numbers worked for me on a 2024 LC Trim. Engine plate + transmission plate from Ed Martin Toyota in Indiana.

Part Number​
Part Name​
PT228-60242​
Lndc Frskp​
PT228-35241​
Taco Lndc Skpl Under​

These part numbers worked for me on a 2024 LC Trim. Engine plate + transmission plate from Ed Martin Toyota in Indiana.
Ah the one that ends in 41 and not 44. Thank you. for the help. Did you by any chance buy the rear differential skid plate? If so what part number was that?

Ah the one that ends in 41 and not 44. Thank you. for the help. Did you by any chance buy the rear differential skid plate? If so what part number was that?
I did not but would like to know the part number to the rear diff skid as well if anyone has it.

Search with your preferred search engine and you’ll get your pick of parts departments.

I ended up buying both skids from a random Toyota parts department across the country for about $580 shipped. (They just arrived today, so I’ve got a fun project ahead of me!)
Do you have the name for that parts department? I’d love to find that price shipped. How did the installation go? Thanks

Last edited:
Do you have the name for that parts department? I’d love to find that price shipped. How did the installation go? Thanks
I ordered from a place called Grieco Toyota in Rhode Island. They arbitrarily had the lowest combined parts + shipping price to me in Idaho. But the skids were available at most places when i searched online for the part number. I put together carts and estimated shipping on about the first 5 departments that had discounts and went with the lowest.

I haven't installed them yet. Life + heat + trying to find time to do the install with an interested buddy has delayed the process. But that's ok, I wasn't planning on putting my brand new land cruiser in any scenario where it would need skid plates so soon!

Last edited:
There is an excellent video of a Toyota technician providing a through overview of the new LC and he discusses the skid plate at about 17 minutes in. Video is very long but enlightening and seems objective.
Titled: Should you buy the Toyota 2024 Land Cruiser? Does it live up to its name?

I swapped out the skid that came with my LC LC with Premium for the same skid that is in the FE. As you can see the front one is thin metal the back one is plastic, looks like ABS, but that is just a guess. The part number is for the same skid that is on the FE.
View attachment 3317View attachment 3318
How long it take you to swap out the skid plates? Any tips you can offer?

How long it take you to swap out the skid plates? Any tips you can offer?
Factoring in that I just laid on the floor and crawled under, no lift or jack. I would say three hours or so including the learning curve. I know this is obvious; however, be sure to put the rear one on first. As opposed to me putting the front one on. Also, I eventually needed a helper for the front one, that's after it fell off and gave me a split fat lip. There is a bracket that covers the sway bar disconnect mechanism, that needs to come off for the rear skid to sit properly. Hopefully this will help.

Man I have to say how awesome everybody is on here. I plan to get a beefier skid plate than what comes on my 24' LC LC as well so I'm all ears on here. While I have a 99' 4x4 4runner with 373,000 miles on it I'm a newbie in the offroading department so unfortunately won't be able to contribute much but I love learning from everybody on here. It's just great to see how kind everybody is and willing to help each other. What a great group of people on here. You all rock. I just wanted to commend everybody.

I found the pdf skid install instructions to be pretty hard to follow. Does anyone have photo step by step instructions for the rear skid plate? Other than the original plastic cover does anything else need to removed? I think I can wrap my head around the front plate install with the info already provided in this thread but the rear is not clear to me.

Dropped my LC off for Westcott Collars and the Greenlane front skid this morning, really hoping the aftermarket front works ok with the stock mid plate, or I will have to order that. I dont do rock crawling etc, so more for protection on the highway and winter months for the front items.

Back