Running water in the drivers side B pillar

ultane

📛 Founding Member
Jun 29, 2024
Media
SE USA
Vehicles
First Edition
A month ago, I was driving in the mountains of NC. There was a torrential down pour, such that I had to pull off of the road, into a small rest area. Turns out that I wasn’t the only person that did. After doing so, I could hear running water in the drivers side B pillar, right about eat level. It was as if there was a hose running in there.. water going everywhere within the metal structure. Not the sound of water running inside of the ‘plumbing’ so to speak.

I remember now, that many of our LC’s had a mysterious quality hold at the port, after getting off the boat. Later someone posted that it was to fix the water drain tubes for the sunroof. IIRC it was simply putting a different type of clamp on the tubing, where it joined with another tube. The ‘fix’ involved dropping the entire ceiling down to do so. Then reassembling everything.

Has anyone else heard this ‘running, gushing, water sound” in either of the B pillars? Does anyone have the info from the TIS site, on how to properly do this repair, or the part number of the required clamp?

Back