Interior storage solutions --WARNING NOT CHEAP!

Oh my phone…
“I cannot speak to long term sticking ability “****

So I ordered these off Amazon - they were like $10
I had my car pretty shined up, so I used some alcohol prep pads and cleaned the appropriate area.
I’ve only used this one day so o cannot speak to sticking a billing term
- it does come with red 3m type pull tape - so far so good

Thanks, now my wife is ordering a new Yeti cooler for her LC... Grrr... LOL

Yes that one, I can’t speak to how well they will hold, if not great I will look at putting a better tape
On the bk - I have one on each side. It holds my car key. It holds my phone when I’m not charging. Right now I’m happy with it, but you can’t obviously fit a bunch of things in it.

The Overlanding crates were a marketplace find, water proof, latchable and cool tie down spots built in. Front Runner Wolf Pack storage boxes, 4 of them in the back still a bunch of room left. The north face bag is to carry class II 1/10 scale RC crawlers and cheaters.
I love the Front Runner cases. I have a few of them that I use for my camping gear.

Attachments

• Tool Roll.jpg
    Tool Roll.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 43
So I intentionally went to REI looking for "storage solutions" and knew firsthand it would likely be costly if I found anything. Well damnit, once I realized how good all the Blue Yeti Sidekick dry bags looked with my Heritage Blue FE I knew I was screwed. In my defense I already owned the $200 blanket ,well my pup did along with 3 yeti dog bowls (another $200) her stuff was nicer than mine of course. Well in the end I Ended up with 2 1L Sidekick Dry Bags , 1 3L Sidekick Dry bag and 1 6L sidekick Dry bag. The bags have velcro on them so I literally just plopped the driver, passenger and big bag in the rear (attached to back seat) on to the carpet. The 1L bag by the rear battery cover is a piece of industrial stick on velcro stuck on to plastic.

The deets .... the small 1L bag was the only one small enough to not be in the way of my leg while driving, mainly for a pair of glasses. The medium 3L bag is on the passenger side trans hump . I do not allow human passengers , 4 legs only so its not in anybody's way over there. The one on the rear seat back in cargo area I'm sure it will fall off if I put anything in it, currently its resting on the Yeti Lowlands blanket in the grey bag. The YETI Camino 35 tote happen to fit so well, chalk another one up for the dog as an overnight tote, big enough for some toys, food, meds, towels etc. The 1L at the back in the cargo area stuck to the wall was just really cause it looked cool and I had a few things I kept going after in the actual little cargo boxes and I kept finding the lids a bit fiddly with the all weather cargo mat in there.

The Overlanding crates were a marketplace find, water proof, latchable and cool tie down spots built in. Front Runner Wolf Pack storage boxes, 4 of them in the back still a bunch of room left. The north face bag is to carry class II 1/10 scale RC crawlers and cheaters.

I thought I was done then the damn advertising algorithms got me and forced me to channel my inner middle aged corvette enthusiast when a blue pair of Gore-tex addidas popped up in facebook for 1/2 off lol.

Man, this is awesome. Can you confirm how you attached the bags. Do I have it right that the Velcro just sticks to the carpet in the foot well upfront and then you used peel and stick Velcro to do it in the rear cargo area?

So I ordered these off Amazon - they were like $10
I had my car pretty shined up, so I used some alcohol prep pads and cleaned the appropriate area.
I’ve only used this one day so o cannot speak to sticking a billing term
- it does come with red 3m type pull tape - so far so good
How are they holding up after a coupe weeks?

How are they holding up after a coupe weeks?
Having to buy a thicker better 3M tape than what they came with because after a couple of weeks they slid off. So I can say as of rt now they looked near and tidy but the 3M table is fairly thin and it definitely needs to be thicker to hold -

(Joe T)
To be honest, I don't think any adhesive tape will ever stay put other than keeping something from shifting. It just gets too hot in the interior.

Just an idea for thought......... The trim panel just above your net, pops off pretty easy. If you were to take a thin piece of metal, (soup can) cut it to the width you need (where the tape normally goes) and bend it into a hook/L-shape that could be formed by hand to hook over the side of the console and the trim panel re-attached (trapping the hook) ......... the metal strips could be Epoxied to the orig mounting surface (where the tape normally goes). It would be easily removable, not mess up the orig trim pieces and never slip due heat........

(Joe T)
To be honest, I don't think any adhesive tape will ever stay put other than keeping something from shifting. It just gets too hot in the interior.

Just an idea for thought......... The trim panel just above your net, pops off pretty easy. If you were to take a thin piece of metal, (soup can) cut it to the width you need (where the tape normally goes) and bend it into a hook/L-shape that could be formed by hand to hook over the side of the console and the trim panel re-attached (trapping the hook) ......... the metal strips could be Epoxied to the orig mounting surface (where the tape normally goes). It would be easily removable, not mess up the orig trim pieces and never slip due heat........
That’s a great idea. I was cautiously optimistic those would work and what a cheap storage solution for phones - but when they slid I wasn’t surprised by it. I was still thinking of a fix. Appreciate the input!

Back