Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

My dealer told me today after the noon update that his guess is that nothing will change until after June 17th, the 30 day mark after the QC Hold.
View attachment 2551

This is what I just received from my sales guy. Not sure how they're coming up with 56 days . . .
I have the same information from mine.

Talked to my dealer today, no update on the hold on my LC, still no timeframe to release the QC hold, but he told me a couple of others that had been on hold have been released.

Attachments

• IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 143
Final assembly for all Toyotas are done at the port and that includes roof, racks tires, skid plates, and other things. Oh yes, the all inclusive PIOs that nobody wants and they make their money off of.

Mine has been delayed again at port of Benicia in NorCal. They say it’s QC issues and to check back every Friday.

I really don’t understand why Toyota doesn’t issue a bulletin to all dealers stating what the problem is and how they plan to fix it and when they plan to fix it. How complicated would that be for the automobile manufacturer considered to be one of the finest on the planet? Come on, Toyota. Show us that our $75,000 investments in these automobiles are wise. Dr. M

I really don’t understand why Toyota doesn’t issue a bulletin to all dealers stating what the problem is and how they plan to fix it and when they plan to fix it. How complicated would that be for the automobile manufacturer considered to be one of the finest on the planet? Come on, Toyota. Show us that our $75,000 investments in these automobiles are wise. Dr. M
Shareholders and stock price.

I'm thinking Toyota is afraid of the "OMG there is a problem with the interior sun roof track motor! Dealer cancel my order" people.

Unfortunately this is the case. The people on hold are a minority in the long run. It'd be way worse PR for them to announce reasons. In a few weeks the hold will be forgotten. Price of being early adopters.
Dammit why did you have to go and make so much sense! (y) (y)

My salesman did text me today and said it should be next week. Took it with a grain of salt as he's said that twice before.......

Back