Quality Control Delays!!

I’ve got deposits at two different dealerships, in two different states for Heritage Blue, Land Cruiser trim level, premium package with 20” wheels.

Got a call from both dealerships stating my VIN was “randomly” selected for quality control.

Coincidence? I will not be playing the lottery today…

73766178294__42B73D17-7669-4D9C-8EDF-D1C634D9F984.jpeg

I just posted this reply in the ETA thread as well...

Mine just updated within the last hour from "Vehicle may be in transit. Estimated availability 5/19/24-6/3/24." to, "Vehicle may be in transit. Contact dealer to confirm availability date."

Others within about 250 miles of me that had similar delivery estimates now all have that same status on the Toyota website. There are some with dates further out (like July delivery estimates) that still show an actual date, so it wasn't an automatic update for all LCs in the system.

It would be interesting to know if it is only one of the two production facilities, Hino or Tahara.

In the VIN, RK=Hino, R5=Tahara.

Another member posted everything is on hold coming out of Portland. Mybe due to railcars?

Mine on hold is at Long Beach. I’m betting all land cruisers at port or on the boat over are currently on hold. No evidence for that but I have a feeling.

My VINs are R1, and RK…both on hold. Since I’m waiting, and learning, is there a preference on factory?

My VINs are R1, and RK…both on hold. Since I’m waiting, and learning, is there a preference on factory?
From what I can gather, primarily from the AutomotivePress YouTube Channel, the Tahara plant has the best, and pristine reputation. It is where many of the Lexus products are manufactured, including the GX550, sibling of the Land Cruiser. The 4Runner is also manufactured there, at least up until the 2025 models. However, am puzzled as to the R1 plant site you mentioned.

This whole roll out continues to feel pretty undercooked. They sort of accomplished (late) spring deliveries of some first editions, but by the time they (eventually) are delivering at scale it’s going to be late summer.

We got our First Edition in on the 14th. I live in Portland. Word around the dealership was that the port only had one or two mechanics that are certified to install the roof rack and skid plates.

So they have been trickling in to local dealerships but very slowly.

From what I can gather, primarily from the AutomotivePress YouTube Channel, the Tahara plant has the best, and pristine reputation. It is where many of the Lexus products are manufactured, including the GX550, sibling of the Land Cruiser. The 4Runner is also manufactured there, at least up until the 2025 models. However, am puzzled as to the R1 plant site you mentioned.
Found out that the early allocation had temp VINs. I called the dealer and they provided an update. It’s an RK as well.

Back