Production Number

The production number is exactly that. The order they are produced. Not to say they won't get out of order slightly being built at two plants. Maybe a couple numbers off if one is finished at one plant before the sequential number ahead of it at another. There is now way the 165th production number is the 574th First edition.
I’m sorry, I titled this production number, what I meant was, the number below the vin, in my case (210), possibly signify mine is the 210th FE made…..

Yeah I do think it's a bit out of order. My LC LC was in the second round of allocations (allocated 04/20) and its VIN ends in 4600ish. Other vehicles built in the same time frame have much lower VINs

I’m sorry, I titled this production number, what I meant was, the number below the vin, in my case (210), possibly signify mine is the 210th FE made…..
I get what you are saying but that number doesn't mean anything. Captain Trips has production number 165 but there is 574 under his VIN. There's no possible way it can be the 574th first edition built and also be the 165th LC250 built. The number below the VIN has nothing to do with the order anything was built.

I wonder if it's a plant shift indicator..... Not that it matters to me, just curious

Mine has 745 stamped just below the vin. Must say I’m rather curious what it represents.

Mine’s a 1958, so don’t think it has anything to do with trim level.
Originally I was questioning that because FE’s were the only trim levels available, now even more curious as to what it represents…

Back