Premium Fuel or not?

In this video the presenter mentions they found a difference in performance using 87 octane and 91 octane in dyno testing.

Also claims the factory air box on the T24A-FTS is pretty restrictive. The Tacoma uses a slightly different airbox than the LC, the LC airbox is probably even more restrictive.

More interested in economy, not performance. Would be interested in those numbers.

More interested in economy, not performance. Would be interested in those numbers.

Any improvements in economy from less restrictive air inlets are usually so small as to be unmeasurable.

Probably the same for different fuel grades since most of us aren’t running around demanding full power to the point octane difference is going to make much more than a small percentage of difference.

I might still end up replacing the stock airbox and boost tubes, along with some tuning. I want more power, but I have no expectations that fuel economy will improve from those efforts.

Not sure what their offering will be, but tests show that less restrictive air filter options, such as K&N, allow markedly more particulates to pass through. As many of us will be using our LC's offroad in dusty conditions, best carefully consider this factor.

At this point I wish the moderators would just lock this and all other similar topics and say "RTFM"...
Of course, the alternative is, just stop following the threads one finds repetitive or irritating. They eventually fade away. I am still hopeful the issue will be addressed by the individual who posted regarding his personal interaction with Toyota engineering.

Great advice on "do what you want"............... and I'll add....... Don't rag on people who don't agree with you as they have an opinion just as you do.

Back