New from UK

This insurance situation is still not sorted

I have asked my dealer to sort a short period of cover with Toyota and I will transfer the money and collect Friday - I then either confirm the Toyota cover or move to another in the grace period they give - they close a sale and we all move on

That’s what other motor manufacturers do - it is a sensible service to their customers and gets the linked insurers feet under the table

Will they do that - unlikely if recent interactions are any guide - they seem impotent - incapable of doing anything not on their sheet of options - robotic almost - zero scope for initiative - my existing insurers are pretty much the same

What a great way to destroy the pleasure of the new car buying experience
I tried to get an update out of Toyota customer support again today but I think that they are now avoiding me.

I did ask my dealer about a free insurance period but apparently the free 3 days ended quite a while ago.

I managed to get a quote out of NFU but the price was more than double what Toyota insurance first quoted before they said that my ncd was useless, so that’s not an option. They contacted their underwriter for that quote. I don’t know why other companies can’t get a bespoke quote from their underwriters.

I’m getting pretty miffed now!

Sorry old “lawyer mode” kicks in

I don’t care what the usual position is - the usual position assumes Toyota perform their obligations to time - here in the UK they did not and we have an insurance crisis

So……..

Normal positions are invalid and new norms apply

[but I can’t see them moving so I fear it’s cancel cover and accept Toyota quote or delay collection

Has anyone else got another quote - NFU don’t cover vehicles in London as far as I recall so don’t think they are an option for me ]

Last edited:
My dealer has just said that there has been another insurance bulletin from Toyota UK stating that the rating will now not be available until Monday 28th October! 😞

It’s driving me mad - if that delays the cover until next week I won’t be able to collect until Sat 2 Nov

My dealer has just said that there has been another insurance bulletin from Toyota UK stating that the rating will now not be available until Monday 28th October! 😞
Good luck all
I,m having problems with the so called plug and play towing electrics I got from Toyota it was in in today to be coded into the car but they could not code it in beacause its plug and play or so they think OR its my fault !!!! £95.00 and its just the same the car does not recocnise that theres a trailer atached they are not helpfull at all at Tamworth Toyota on booking it in I said I will remove the Q panel inside trim so the Tech could see the connections I was told NO NEED we will do it as a matter of course low and behold they could not see the connections because the Q panel trim covers the wireing and WE DO NOT REMOVE TRIM !!!!! a joke to say the least I have complained to the regenal manager its not good enough Steven Eagell I just bought an £80 k from you and you are no help what so ever

Good luck all
I,m having problems with the so called plug and play towing electrics I got from Toyota it was in in today to be coded into the car but they could not code it in beacause its plug and play or so they think OR its my fault !!!! £95.00 and its just the same the car does not recocnise that theres a trailer atached they are not helpfull at all at Tamworth Toyota on booking it in I said I will remove the Q panel inside trim so the Tech could see the connections I was told NO NEED we will do it as a matter of course low and behold they could not see the connections because the Q panel trim covers the wireing and WE DO NOT REMOVE TRIM !!!!! a joke to say the least I have complained to the regenal manager its not good enough Steven Eagell I just bought an £80 k from you and you are no help what so ever
Thanks Dave.
What does (is it supposed to do) when it detects a trailer. Does it automatically turn off the auto rear detectors and rear end brake assist or something else?

Thanks Dave.
What does (is it supposed to do) when it detects a trailer. Does it automatically turn off the auto rear detectors and rear end brake assist or something else?
Yes as it is I have to manually turn off rear emergency brakes and parking sensors etc I do have lights but the other part of the towing loom has its own Ecu and buzzer which to my mind are not tuned in /coded I’ve stripped out and made sure that the plugs are all connected can’t really go wrong
Not sure what else it will turn off as it’s not working 🙄

Good Evening,
I have just found this group so thought I would join in . I have had my 250 series for about a week and it s clocked about 500 miles. I have owned Land Cruisers since 2004 ,two 120 series ,two 150 series which we still have and for a brief period a 200 series . We. Have clocked about 750000 miles in all without a single breakdown. Hopefully the new one is a s good. They look better with mud.

Good Evening,
I have just found this group so thought I would join in . I have had my 250 series for about a week and it s clocked about 500 miles. I have owned Land Cruisers since 2004 ,two 120 series ,two 150 series which we still have and for a brief period a 200 series . We. Have clocked about 750000 miles in all without a single breakdown. Hopefully the new one is a s good. They look better with mud.
Welcome Jimbo have you got a tow bar

No It was supposed to come from Derby with one but they forgot to do it ! I’m waiting for my dealer to get one in and then they will fit it . I’m quite glad about that as my dealer is brilliant whereas I’m less impressed with the Derby operation..

No It was supposed to come from Derby with one but they forgot to do it ! I’m waiting for my dealer to get one in and then they will fit it . I’m quite glad about that as my dealer is brilliant whereas I’m less impressed with the Derby operation..
Ok I’m having trouble with mine it’ll be interesting how yours performs ie with turning off certain stuff when reversing and indicating etc can you keep me updated please

Welcome - what insurer is providing cover for you

Good Evening,
Welcome Jimbo. My towbar that I ordered with the car was also missing, so my dealer is fitting it next week. I won’t be picking the car up until the insurance situation is resolved, hopefully also next week.

My Dealer did tell me that last Friday Thatcham inspected a 250 series so they could give it a rating so hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Sadly no NFU cover in London - spoke with then this afternoon

Interesting they could quote on this supposedly in rated vehicle a week ago or more - they seem a good insurer - pity I like in an area they can’t cover

Back