JDM LC250/LC300 18" wheels

I’ve noticed this as well. Seems like all the people over here in the US are running +20 or +22. Some people even more aggressive than that with a zero or a +10. But in Japan looks like a +50 to +40 is the proper offset. I’m surprised to hear that the Bradley V is 23 pounds considering it’s a 18 x 8 1/2 cast. I mean I guess it’s possible. Is that accurate? Also, does anyone know the weight of the JAOS tribe cross 18 x 8 1/2? I was trying to find it online and I couldn’t. Thank you.
Following the Japanese videos, their vehicles are inspected for registration, and "poke" is illegal, as the fenders or bolt-on flares must cover the wheels. They often check wheel fitments with a string and plumb from the fenders to confirm no poke.

From my search using Copilot, the 23# weight is for the 18" Bradley Forged Takumi wheel and 25# is for the cast Bradley V. Either way, its interesting that for almost 2x the cost, their forged wheel is around 10% lighter - probably why 4x4 Engineering doesn't advertise the weights. It appears the Volk Racing TE37SB is going to be about the lightest available LC250 fitment at around 17 pounds. Even the TE37 Large PCD wheel specifically for LC300/LC250 high + offsets weighs a few pounds more.

From what I found, the JAOS Tribe Cross 18" is just over the stock wheel weight at 14.2 kg/31 pounds.

Last edited:
Following the Japanese videos, their vehicles are inspected and "poke" is illegal, as the fenders or bolt-on flares must cover the wheels. They often check fitments with a plumb and string from the fenders to confirm no wheel poke.

The Bradley V weight seems reasonable, as the Gram Lights 57DR-X is also a cast wheel which is right around 20 pounds for an 18". From what I found, the JAOS Tribe Cross 18" is just over the stock wheel weight at 14.2 kg/31 pounds.
Yeah, I did some research after my post. And it looks like you’re correct. I’ve reached out to a gun and they said the Bradley V is around 24 pounds in the Bradley Forge is around 20 pounds. I also found the weight on the cross drive, but that’s pretty heavy. It’s a shame cause it’s a nice design. I thought with designing it that would be pretty lightweight for a cast. I have a set of T 37, 18 x 8 1/2+22 coming. I’m wondering how much it’ll poke out. Initially I had thought +22 would be pretty flushed with defender. Now I’m not so sure. Anyone have insight?

I have a set of T 37, 18 x 8 1/2+22 coming. I’m wondering how much it’ll poke out. Initially I had thought +22 would be pretty flushed with defender. Now I’m not so sure. Anyone have insight?
I believe ICON did a video about LC250 fitments using the lower offset US wheels. None of the Japanese videos I watched would install less than a +40 on the LC250, but maybe some would do it for kicks.

Only a few wheel companies are offering 18", 40mm offset and they are both on backorder. I haven't seen any USA sites selling Japanese wheels with over 20mm+ offsets.

Only a few wheel companies are offering 18", 40mm offset and they are both on backorder. I haven't seen any USA sites selling Japanese wheels with over 20mm+ offsets.
I was just quoted for 18x8.5 +52 Bradley V that are in stock in Japan/ready for shipment, and not too bad of deal at just under US$400/wheel. I believe JAOS LC wheels (+55) are also stocked, since they can be ordered at Toyota dealers in Japan. From what I have seen most of the Rays wheels in +44 or +52 are backordered.

Last edited:
I was just quoted for 18x8.5 +52 Bradley V that are in stock in Japan/ready for shipment, and not too bad of deal at just under US$400/wheel. I believe some of the JAOS LC wheels (+55) are also stocked. From what I have seen most of the Rays wheels in +44 or +52 are backordered.
Does that include shipping? I also saw +40 offset option.

Here is a link to a nice offset calculator so you can compare different wheels (both width and offset are important because offset is measured from the wheel center.)

My stock wheels are 7.5" +60 offset. So, I've compared them to things like 8.5" +35 (Method 703)and 9" +40 (Method 708 HD). The results can be surprising! On the screenshot below, you'll see that the 9" +40 will extend out an extra 39 mm past my current rims (1.54" - take 39 mm and divide by 25.4 to convert to inches.) I'll have to measure my current wheels to determine where they sit relative to the fenders.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 7.14.56 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 7.14.56 PM.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 5
I was just quoted for 18x8.5 +52 Bradley V that are in stock in Japan/ready for shipment, and not too bad of deal at just under US$400/wheel. I believe some of the JAOS LC wheels (+55) are also stocked. From what I have seen most of the Rays wheels in +44 or +52 are backordered.
Which company did you use?

Back