New from UK

This insurance situation is still not sorted

I have asked my dealer to sort a short period of cover with Toyota and I will transfer the money and collect Friday - I then either confirm the Toyota cover or move to another in the grace period they give - they close a sale and we all move on

That’s what other motor manufacturers do - it is a sensible service to their customers and gets the linked insurers feet under the table

Will they do that - unlikely if recent interactions are any guide - they seem impotent - incapable of doing anything not on their sheet of options - robotic almost - zero scope for initiative - my existing insurers are pretty much the same

What a great way to destroy the pleasure of the new car buying experience
I tried to get an update out of Toyota customer support again today but I think that they are now avoiding me.

I did ask my dealer about a free insurance period but apparently the free 3 days ended quite a while ago.

I managed to get a quote out of NFU but the price was more than double what Toyota insurance first quoted before they said that my ncd was useless, so that’s not an option. They contacted their underwriter for that quote. I don’t know why other companies can’t get a bespoke quote from their underwriters.

I’m getting pretty miffed now!

Back