New from UK

I,d forgoten about the battery hump
I’m expecting the mild hybrid LC to be the same capacity battery as in the new Hilux 2.8 litre mild hybrid which is 0.5kWh and sits under the rear seats. In comparison, the US spec 2.4 litre hybrid has a 1.87kWh battery, so nearly 4 times the size. The ‘hump’ may therefore not be too large, or enable battery placement somewhere else, which may still allow a 7 seater in the Land Cruiser.

Thank you for posting the Tno of Toyota GB - will try them on Monday / my dealer is lovely but does not appear to have as much info on this process as I do through this forum - they really do seem to be operating like a modern shoe store with people employed to bring boxes from store for you to try on but who have very little “product knowledge” or ability to “enhance the buying experience” as I believe they like to term it

Ah welll into the home straight now - all being well I’ll have mine by November and rubber mats by 2028 😷

An update from my dealer today with some accessories prices including vat for the LC. There is no more detail, including on what each item looks like as yet. My delivery ETA hasn't changed.

Hood Deflector @ £97.18
Rubber Mats (front & middle) @ £79.94
Rubber mats (3rd row) @ £63.47
Trunk Liner @ £68.16
Lower Trunk Garnish @ £151.19

Last edited:
Despite a total lack of communication from the dealer, I got a call late this afternoon and apparently my order placed in August 2023 is now looking like a delivery of January next year……….
I have been loyal to Land Cruisers with 4 consecutive cars over >15 years and was very excited about the prospect of my 5th one but the whole new car excitement has been destroyed by this shambolic process.
I wish I had never sold my late 2022 version in anticipation of the imminent arrival of the new one so I’m going to have a long hard think but I’m seriously considering throwing the towel in on Toyota over this.

You have to do what feels right for you - I was messed around by JLR and cancelled a new RR order before ordering the LC - it’s not easy to achieve that new car excitement when ordering ahead of time rather than buying a physical car in a show room and driving it out - the motor manufacturers seem to be making a complete mess of the buying experience and Govts are messing up the enjoyment of owning and driving the things 😀😀😀

Toyota GB Head office just ask for customer care 01737363633
ps they were very good with me.
They were indeed very helpful. My local dealer had said ages ago (via the FAQ section of their Welcome Hub) that delivery of my Invincible to the dealership was going to be on 9th September and I would be updated if that was going to be changed. It wasn't delivered and I wasn't updated. I rang Head Office who did their best to help me but the order number they required in order to track my vehicle didn't appear on any of my paperwork - I had an order number but presumably it was a local dealership number. They couldn't use my Toyota personal ID either to find my order. So, they said they would contact the dealership and get them to contact me about the state of play. The Sales Manager just phoned to say that they expect delivery mid-November but that is subject to change. He's now given me my 'Toyota Order Number' so at least that's something!

One point worth bearing in mind if calling Toyota GB - I found that the very helpful lady could not trace my order but she was WFH and when asking a colleague in the office to check for her they found it !!

They were indeed very helpful. My local dealer had said ages ago (via the FAQ section of their Welcome Hub) that delivery of my Invincible to the dealership was going to be on 9th September and I would be updated if that was going to be changed. It wasn't delivered and I wasn't updated. I rang Head Office who did their best to help me but the order number they required in order to track my vehicle didn't appear on any of my paperwork - I had an order number but presumably it was a local dealership number. They couldn't use my Toyota personal ID either to find my order. So, they said they would contact the dealership and get them to contact me about the state of play. The Sales Manager just phoned to say that they expect delivery mid-November but that is subject to change. He's now given me my 'Toyota Order Number' so at least that's something!
Hello my My Toyota has stopped working on vehicle order and delivery is October but the car has been at Derby for 2 weeks now ?? My Toyota app on my phone says it intransit Derdy and on way to Dealership ???? i,m callin Toyota UK today its all very strange and disjointed I did spot 8 LCs on a transporter coming out of Portbury on Tuesay this week

Hello my My Toyota has stopped working on vehicle order and delivery is October but the car has been at Derby for 2 weeks now ?? My Toyota app on my phone says it intransit Derdy and on way to Dealership ???? i,m callin Toyota UK today its all very strange and disjointed I did spot 8 LCs on a transporter coming out of Portbury on Tuesay this week
Same here Dave, My Toyota hasn’t been working for 2 days. Just logged on this morning and mine has changed to car in transit from Portbury, presumably to Derby. Hopefully not long now!

This shows the UK spec LC for Invincible vs FE. Not sure how reliable or up-to-date it is, although it is a Toyota document. Therefore, please don't treat it as gospel, just interesting reading. One or two items seem to be missing, eg middle diff locker, plus it shows rear seat heating and cooling, which doesn't seem realistic! Anyway......better than nothing at this stage. Hopefully, one of us will know the real spec soon. There doesn't seem to be very much included or different for that extra £5k for the FE!!

1726734973185.png

Same here Dave, My Toyota hasn’t been working for 2 days. Just logged on this morning and mine has changed to car in transit from Portbury, presumably to Derby. Hopefully not long now

Same here Dave, My Toyota hasn’t been working for 2 days. Just logged on this morning and mine has changed to car in transit from Portbury, presumably to Derby. Hopefully not long now!
Probably on that transporter on Tuesday

My app has stopped working as well. Interestingly, having had a phone call from the dealer yesterday after my call to Toyota UK I had an email from Toyota UK saying that my car was now 'In build'; in the email was an image of the production chain which looked a bit like the chain shown in the app but different, showing it was at stage 3 of 6.
Clearly not all of the UK allocation was shipped at once.

It mentions mudguards near 'Protection'. Front and rear for both models. I am assuming mudguards and mudflaps are the same thing. I'll caveat that with, Assuming is making an ass out of you and me etc...

Back