New Forum membe looking for LC!

davindav

đź“› Founding Member
Oct 17, 2024
Davidson, NC
Hello from David, I'm new to the LC forum; my wife, Kim, and I have been looking at new 2024 LCs at several dealers in our area. (Davidson, NC, near Charlotte). We managed to see the various colors/options and have decided we like the Heritage Blue/Grey color with the Premium Package and brown interior. Since this vehicle will be my first new car ever AND a retirement present, we wish to purchase exactly the color/options we want.

Our experience at local dealers has been frustrating as none have this popular blue color and want a $500-1500 deposit for them to look for a new one. I am not comfortable with paying a deposit with one dealer and being obligated in this manner. As I've compared what the various OTD prices we've been quoted, I've begun to realize that about all we can hope for is to pay MSRP with little added fees. As we near the end of October, I've decided it may be wise to simply wait for the 2025 model as the MSRP is only an increase of $500.

Any suggestions about the best strategy for procuring this 2024/2025 model would be greatly appreciated. We have plenty of dealers in our area, should we simply pick the closest one that adheres to the MSRP price? We do not need to be in a hurry, and the new LC is the only new vehicle that we both agree would be perfect for us!

David in Davidson

What a great retirement present! Been retired for a spell, but still going to spoil myself. One only goes around once! Can never get the off-roading out of my blood.

Regarding purchasing, I did put down a $1K deposit, and now sorry. Our single dealer is so small, they have no selection/ordering clout. And yes, now going to wait for a 2025. My off-roading adventures are summer-related, so will exercise patience.

Back