My Buying Experience/First Impressions

Looks like you got stuck with the 20K mile Dunlops on your 20" rims. I thought they were using Michelin Trails.

How do you like (or not) the running boards? Was hoping there would be an option to have automatic folding running boards like the new Taco limited and possible new 4R.

How do you like (or not) the running boards? Was hoping there would be an option to have automatic folding running boards like the new Taco limited and possible new 4R.
I find them good looking and adequate for now and perfect for my 5 ft wife. But they are sheet metal with a plastic overlay so will be easily damaged on rocks. Will be looking at Greenlane sliders when they come out.

@ChillLC Got my LC trim from Toyota 101 (Redwood City) at MSRP, there are a select few dealers in the Bay Area that sell only at MSRP. There was a list floating around recently on this forum so highly recommend other folks in NorCal check it out before paying the ransom fees ;)
Wow...Congrats...I think that was a lucky find. The no markup dealers I called had sold their entire allocation and had a wait-list for future allocations. But did not call that dealer since they showed zero available on their website. Plus I was solely focused on MS color with Prem pkg. which certainly narrowed my search results. Anyway, hopefully I will have this rig for 15 years and the ransom will turn out to be small amortized over that period.

Wow...Congrats...I think that was a lucky find. The no markup dealers I called had sold their entire allocation and had a wait-list for future allocations. But did not call that dealer since they showed zero available on their website. Plus I was solely focused on MS color with Prem pkg. which certainly narrowed my search results. Anyway, hopefully I will have this rig for 15 years and the ransom will turn out to be small amortized over that period.
Yea I got super lucky, I had put my reservation in earlier this year and was #62 on the list. Apparently nobody in front of me wanted a prem spec LC trim in Trail Dust so I got to skip the line. Most of the dealers with inventory near me are selling with 10-15k markups. Looking at you Toyota of Palo Alto and Fremont!

Yea I got super lucky, I had put my reservation in earlier this year and was #62 on the list. Apparently nobody in front of me wanted a prem spec LC trim in Trail Dust so I got to skip the line. Most of the dealers with inventory near me are selling with 10-15k markups. Looking at you Toyota of Palo Alto and Fremont!
Ugh, whoever is paying those premiums is ruining it for the rest of us :-/

Ugh, whoever is paying those premiums is ruining it for the rest of us :-/
Free market, but there is difference between asking and paying! 5K was my max.
I paid the ransom because it was available within a few days, met my desired specs, had zero dealer installed options, and am betting the markups will continue for quite a while as these things hit the road and gain more attention. Roll of dice on that.
Dealer would not budge of course, they could sell it immediately to someone else.

I find them good looking and adequate for now and perfect for my 5 ft wife. But they are sheet metal with a plastic overlay so will be easily damaged on rocks. Will be looking at Greenlane sliders when they come out.
Those guys are in Canada! Awesome. looks like good products. Since we don't have LC's in customers hands in Canada yet :cry:.... likely explains why we'll have to wait for these accessories....:cry:

I got taken off the list b/c I reneged on the FE for $77K at Kalispell Toyota. They don't have any merch. to sell but don't mind jerking their customers around. That's what happens when you don't have salesmen with a job to do. Got lucky today and locked in a Premium Heritage Blue today at Findlay Toyota in Spokane for $71.5K. I agree things seem to loosening up.

Coryton, I think you got the Trail Dust that was offered to me over the weekend from Toyota101. I have been on the list since August and when I last checked earlier this year I was in the 30s. Is delivery in July sometime? I am hoping for a Heritage Blue + Java, but in no hurry to get what I want for the price. I am really curious though what is happening to the rest of the list if they already dropped down to #62? I was contacted about a 1958 and this Trail Dust LC and that is it so far.
That Trail Dust is a decent build, the only thing that was off is premium trim gets stuck with the less favorable for off-roading 20" wheels... and the skid plates! I also noticed that door guards was on the build twice, once as PIO and again by the dealer. Enjoy!

Coryton, I think you got the Trail Dust that was offered to me over the weekend from Toyota101. I have been on the list since August and when I last checked earlier this year I was in the 30s. Is delivery in July sometime? I am hoping for a Heritage Blue + Java, but in no hurry to get what I want for the price. I am really curious though what is happening to the rest of the list if they already dropped down to #62? I was contacted about a 1958 and this Trail Dust LC and that is it so far.
That Trail Dust is a decent build, the only thing that was off is premium trim gets stuck with the less favorable for off-roading 20" wheels... and the skid plates! I also noticed that door guards was on the build twice, once as PIO and again by the dealer. Enjoy!
HAHA no way! That is totally the rig i'm getting... $72k? Loaded to the gills with everything unfortunately. Delivery in July, build date was last early last week. I did notice that there is both a factory installed door edge guard AND dealer installed door edge guard, wonder what thats all about....

I asked the dealer how it slid all all the way to me and they said not many people want Trail Dust which is surprising. I initially told them i'd take it if they could swap the "premium" 20in wheels for 18"s and they just about skipped me. I called them them and told them i'd take it and bit the bullet on the wheels lol.

HAHA no way! That is totally the rig i'm getting... $72k? Loaded to the gills with everything unfortunately. Delivery in July, build date was last early last week. I did notice that there is both a factory installed door edge guard AND dealer installed door edge guard, wonder what thats all about....

I asked the dealer how it slid all all the way to me and they said not many people want Trail Dust which is surprising. I initially told them i'd take it if they could swap the "premium" 20in wheels for 18"s and they just about skipped me. I called them them and told them i'd take it and bit the bullet on the wheels lol.
Ah OK, yeah Trail Dust was a no go for me. Hopefully no one wants the Blue also, people don't like actual color around here. Maybe will slip to 2025 and I can get a green one. Haha.

That one was pretty loaded, but mostly it was OK stuff. I figure the 20" wheels will drive on until I need new tires then get new 18" wheels and tires. Now you have an excuse to get some unique wheels.

Ah OK, yeah Trail Dust was a no go for me. Hopefully no one wants the Blue also, people don't like actual color around here. Maybe will slip to 2025 and I can get a green one. Haha.

That one was pretty loaded, but mostly it was OK stuff. I figure the 20" wheels will drive on until I need new tires then get new 18" wheels and tires. Now you have an excuse to get some unique wheels.
Yup almost every single vehicle in the Bay Area is some shade of white, grey or black. Thanks Tesla for charging extra $ to get any non standard color!

I was going to swap out the wheels and tires first thing anyway but yea that's just an unnecessary expenditure for me now.

If i get one, removing the coolbox will be my first task!
FYI, I have the coolbox in my LX570 and I absolutely love it when on long, overlanding trips. I tend to travel in warmer areas when overlanding and it is awesome having cold drinks readily available without having to get out, swing my hitch mounted Mountain Bike out of the way, open the liftgate, slide the fridge out to get a cold drink.

I understand that it is not for everyone and consumes valuable cargo space but I'm getting the Premium package, largely in part to have that coolbox....plus all of the other goodies.

FYI, I have the coolbox in my LX570 and I absolutely love it when on long, overlanding trips. I tend to travel in warmer areas when overlanding and it is awesome having cold drinks readily available without having to get out, swing my hitch mounted Mountain Bike out of the way, open the liftgate, slide the fridge out to get a cold drink.

I understand that it is not for everyone and consumes valuable cargo space but I'm getting the Premium package, largely in part to have that coolbox....plus all of the other goodies.
I would agree that Iโ€™ve used mine in my last LC often- and Iโ€™m fine with figuring out storage so I have it if I need it

Back