Lithium Battery Jump Box?

Stalactically Gupid

📛 Founding Member
Jun 12, 2024
Media
Lehigh Valley
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser 58
I've carried around a NOCO lithium Jump Box for about 5 years in my Jeep. No Issues. I thought I read somewhere that if the 12v Battery was dead, the Hybrid NiMH and electric motor would start the ICE and charge the 12V. I cannot find it now and am wondering if anyone read or thought the same? TIA

I've had a number of Toyota hybrids over the years and have hung out on their message boards. What I've gleaned about the hybrid system is that the 12v battery brings the computers online. There are multiple computers, like 7, that need to be booted up. Once they're online, the big traction battery is brought online and takes over. The traction battery starts the ICE and basically runs the car from then on out. Caveat: I haven't done any research to verify this understanding. But it is an accurate summary of what is the common understanding out there.

The Hybrid battery is the primary means of starting the engine via the electric motor, the 12V battery and starter are backup if the hybrid side fails.

The Hybrid battery is the primary means of starting the engine via the electric motor, the 12V battery and starter are backup if the hybrid side fails.
Please read the manual at page 622. You cannot start the system if the 12V battery is discharged.

Back