LCLC and Premium package additions to Safety Sense 3.0 vs. 1958

MattInAustin

📛 Founding Member
Aug 24, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
2024 LC 1958
As I am waiting for my 1958 to arrive, I am trying to understand some of the safety and convenience features I will be giving up vs. the other trims. Based on what I can see, the Premium Package gives you Lane Change Assist, Front Cross Traffic Alert and Traffic Jam Assist (with the app). Nothing else is mentioned from Toyota that I can find.

Big questions that I can't find the answers to with regard to the 1958, LCLC and LCLC with Premium:
1) Is the capacitive touch steering wheel on all trims? (Do you need to just touch the wheel to keep Lane Trace Assist working, or do you need to move it on the non-premium trims? People with the Premium Package have reported it is capacitive)
2) Are the sensors and cameras the same across all trims? (If all of the sensors are included for all trims, then future Open Source controllers like comma.ai can probably do all of the above and more.)
3) Is it the same Safety Sense 3.0 computer in all trims?

Anything else?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hi MattInAustin, Good morning. To my understanding, digital back view mirror, inside cabin, is a part of Premium Package or F E. Also, Safety Sense 3.0 is for all, across the board.

Also, the camera at the back, high up by spoiler is not there for 1958, because digital back view device is optic mirror and doubles as a camera feed. Even if you have big boxes covering the entire back, camera is above that and will show you everything that is behind your car. Premium package gives you sun/ moon roof, head up display, 14 speaker sound system, 10 air bags, a refrigerator in the center console for your drinks, 12.3 inch wide 2 screens, skid plates, running boards and power lift gate and a few other things

Also, the camera at the back, high up by spoiler is not there for 1958, because digital back view device is optic mirror and doubles as a camera feed. Even if you have big boxes covering the entire back, camera is above that and will show you everything that is behind your car. Premium package gives you sun/ moon roof, head up display, 14 speaker sound system, 10 air bags, a refrigerator in the center console for your drinks, 12.3 inch wide 2 screens, skid plates, running boards and power lift gate and a few other things
Are you sure the skid plates are included in the Premium package? Configuring online, the skid plates are now an option, pushing $1K for both.

Thank you friend. One skid plate is part of Premium Package. For FE or to buy, you have a bigger thicker steel skid plate and a very hard plastic ABS skid plate. Premium package gives you one skinny steel plate, not 2

Also, with premium package, you get a 4 piece roof rack. With LC LC you get 2 along the length only. With PP you get 2 additional pieces that connect the 2 existing ones at 90 degrees

Also, with premium package, you get a 4 piece roof rack. With LC LC you get 2 along the length only. With PP you get 2 additional pieces that connect the 2 existing ones at 90 degrees
I'm thinking you must mean First Edition here, not Premium Package. FE gets a roof rack standard (I believe). LCLC gets roof rails standard. Those are both options on the 1958. The Premium Package is only a thing for the Base/LCLC and doesn't include anything related to roof storage.

But I think the OP was asking about Safety inclusions specifically anyway.

Can anybody with the 1958 verify the steering wheel just needs to have a couple of fingers on it to keep Lane Trace/centering working? Or, do you need to actually move it a little bit? Seems like FE and Premium can just touch the wheel to get it to work.

My guess is the 1958 is missing a few more things than are listed in the Toyota comparison chart. We know the fender flares are different and I don't think that is called out anywhere.

My experience with my 1958 is that you do not need to move the wheel, but it takes more than a light touch with a finger or two, more like a light grip with your hand to keep the lane tracing happy.

Thanks, these are the general differences, but they don't dive into the number of sensors/cameras or similar things.
Understood, but others were talking about skid plates, stereos, roof rails, all kinds of other stuff so I just posted the the specifications comparisons for everyone.

I have watched a review somewhere that LCLC and LCFE have sound insulation while 1958 does not. But I cant seem to find the video now, and not sure it was LCLC premium and FE.

As I am waiting for my 1958 to arrive, I am trying to understand some of the safety and convenience features I will be giving up vs. the other trims. Based on what I can see, the Premium Package gives you Lane Change Assist, Front Cross Traffic Alert and Traffic Jam Assist (with the app). Nothing else is mentioned from Toyota that I can find.

Big questions that I can't find the answers to with regard to the 1958, LCLC and LCLC with Premium:
1) Is the capacitive touch steering wheel on all trims? (Do you need to just touch the wheel to keep Lane Trace Assist working, or do you need to move it on the non-premium trims? People with the Premium Package have reported it is capacitive)
2) Are the sensors and cameras the same across all trims? (If all of the sensors are included for all trims, then future Open Source controllers like comma.ai can probably do all of the above and more.)
3) Is it the same Safety Sense 3.0 computer in all trims?

Anything else?

Thanks for any info you can provide!
When we ordered our LC base model the dealer had given us the attached document that compares the three trim levels. I found it useful and really helped me zero in on what to order. I think it is pretty accurate. Check it out... Safety Sense 3.0 is standard on all trim levels.

Attachments

• 2024_land_cruiser_en_SourceBook.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
When we ordered our LC base model the dealer had given us the attached document that compares the three trim levels. I found it useful and really helped me zero in on what to order. I think it is pretty accurate. Check it out... Safety Sense 3.0 is standard on all trim levels.
Fairly convenient, except for 3 or 4 errors. Interestingly "TBD" listed as Two Tone Roof being/becoming an option.

Back