LC Fuel Economy

ArkyBill

📛 Founding Member
Aug 1, 2024
AR
Vehicles
2024 LC
In the first 1000 miles driven, 420 highway/580 city I am averaging 17.7 mpg. A little disappointing. Definitely not the 23 combined mpg it is marketed to achieve. What are your experiences?

In regards to the regenerative braking and gas mileage, going downhill sure seems to boost the mileage versus climbing. I drove from Los Angeles to Oakland today and reset the mileage. Going through LA traffic in Eco mode the first 70 miles I was at 18 MPG. Going up to the pass my MPG had dropped to 15.5 MPG and driving down I was up to 19.5 MPG. Trip ended at 18.7 MPH at 80 MPH. Not great but I know mileage better driving slower.

I just picked my LC Premium up in Johnson City TN and drove back to Atlanta GA with the cargo bay and back sets full of hefty boxes and me an my daughter averaging about 70-75 mph on hwy with about 15% city driving. My average MPG after 387mi is 21.2! This is better than the 2015 Highlander that I traded.

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpeg
    IMG_1298.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 58
In the first 1000 miles driven, 420 highway/580 city I am averaging 17.7 mpg. A little disappointing. Definitely not the 23 combined mpg it is marketed to achieve. What are your experiences?
EPA estimates are tested at 55mph in a windless room. 23mpg is the IDEAL mpg if everything is perfect. if you drive faster, or there's a breeze, or any of a million other things, you won't get 23mpg.

I'm having a similar experience. There are moments of brilliance, but nothing consistent. It's still better than my LX which is like driving a Boeing. I turn that thing on and the gauge drops :ROFLMAO:.

On two trips up and down the NJ Turnpike / 95 thru NYC from DC I averaged 27 & 27.5 mpg - spot on with the EPA highway estimates. 100% flat highway at 68/70 mph, no roof rack and stock tires. MPG is based on actual miles driven / gallons used - the info screen actually reported a higher (by 1) mpg in the 28's.

My city MPG is below the EPA estimates most likely due to DC's inane "traffic calming" measures.

IMG_2270.jpeg

Very disappointment in the MPG. Drove Dallas to Austin last night, no traffic, flat straight road, cruising between 65-70 mph and got an average of 19.9 MPG. My 2022 Acura MDX V6 gets 22 MPG on the same trip.

People say you'll get better mileage after the break-in period. I have ~2500 miles now and have noticed a slight improvement. It's not dramatic, but I believe I'm getting maybe 1.5 mpg better on my latest tank with more "moments of brilliance" as FirstLC said.

I have E-load rated tires and have been going into the mountains a least once a week, both of which kill mpg. I think I'll get 22 on this latest tank. I am driving VERY conservatively though and basically driving the speed limit...which seems oddly normal in this vehicle :)

Not that I think 22 is good btw.

EPA estimates are tested at 55mph in a windless room. 23mpg is the IDEAL mpg if everything is perfect. if you drive faster, or there's a breeze, or any of a million other things, you won't get 23mpg.
So, Marietta to NC doing 45 to 60 mph, up and down hills, and getting 24.3 mpg makes me smile 😀.

still disappointed with mpg at 3800 miles. last week drove FL to NC and manually calc'd mpg to be sure... always premium fuel fills... about 90% I-95; cruise set to 78mph; babied the hybrid watching gauge for best efficiency
16.8 - 17.8 mpg
planned to stop and hit Ocala Forest trails on way back but Hurricane Debbie changed my plans so no off roading this trip

I got close to 26 mpg today in low speed city driving. It is quite impressive for a vehicle of this size with full time 4wd.

Attachments

• IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 46
I’ve posted earlier on this thread getting a pretty consistent 27 mpg on some trips from DC to CT via 95 & NJ Turnpike - stock tires @ 67 mph.

Helping one of my kids move up to Philly for school and had a big drop to 22 mpg, don’t know why I took a pic, maybe because I watched the Beverly Hillbillies as a kid, but I guess a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

IMG_2297.jpeg

27.5 MPG on my trip today, mixed driving. This is with ideal weather and not driving too quickly on the highway, 70 MPH and below. I only have a few hundred miles on the vehicle, so it’s not properly broken in yet.

I’ve posted earlier on this thread getting a pretty consistent 27 mpg on some trips from DC to CT via 95 & NJ Turnpike - stock tires @ 67 mph.

Helping one of my kids move up to Philly for school and had a big drop to 22 mpg, don’t know why I took a pic, maybe because I watched the Beverly Hillbillies as a kid, but I guess a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

View attachment 7679
Whew! I'm glad you explained about moving! At first glance I thought it was a DIY overlanding tent kit, and thought...... you got hosed! :ninja:

I averaged 20.5mpg over 620 miles of mountain driving over the last couple days. 3000-8000ft elevation lots of ups and downs. Some interstate, lots of 2-lane highways, a couple long sections of forest roads over mountain passes, and even a little bit of “off roading” (ie when the forest roads got kinda gnarly).

When posting your MPGs, please post your vehicle trim, packages, accessories and tires.
I would also be interested in knowing the vehicle's actual curb weights if possible to measure.
I wonder if there is a significant weight difference between these vehicles.

Back