LC Fuel Economy

I just got my mid level LC and I had 13.5 on the drive home which was about 1.5 hours away. I forgot to reset it leaving the dealer. The last 30 minutes I switched to Eco mode and it jumped to 17. I topped off the tank today and I am at 18.4 now with a mix of city/hwy. Waiting for the break in period boost others have seen. I am on 18s with Michelin Trail tires with roof rails, but the cross bars are removed.

MPG from my first road trip:

I just picked my LC Premium up in Johnson City TN and drove back to Atlanta GA with the cargo bay and back sets full of hefty boxes and me an my daughter averaging about 70-75 mph on hwy with about 15% city driving. My average MPG after 387mi is 21.2! This is better than the 2015 Highlander that I traded.

That's hilarious, we looked at one in Johnson City last Thursday, but ended up buying one in Bristol, TN (about 20 miles away). :)

I guess it just depends on your circumstances I drove over to the coast last week at 80mph and averaged like 17-18 on the way back set the cruise at 75mph and got 19-20. Today went down to SC and avg 19-20 at 65-70mph. But 18-19 on the way back at same speeds. This part of NC is pretty flat. I can't call it. I also have aggressive tires so not expecting optimal results.

I did 300 mile road trip at 73 over a pass and got 18.3 mpg. True mpg with calculator as the dash said I got 19.5mpg.

Last edited:
I'm at 22.87 mpg over the almost 1300 miles I've put on mine. Mostly from a 15-mile, 50/50 (hwy/city) commute 3 days a week, some tooling around town, a 250 mile trip with a lot of highway, and a bit of trail driving. Super happy so far, especially considering I came from a 2006 F150 with the 5.4L that was maybe getting about 14 mpg! :D

Back