Land Cruisers are easily stolen.

I figured they're better than nothing. Are there any other solutions you can recommend?
I don't know man, for me it's all about layered security. I've got my keys in a Faraday cage when home and have the Ravelco. When parking at airports I pull a fuse just for good measure and hope for the best haha

I think I’m doing this. Questions:
**What was the total $$$?
**Do you get two “keys”?
**And if a key is lost what would need to happen?

Thanks!
It's about $900 and that's with getting a 3rd key

There's an ID number associated with the keys, and they told me to use that to order more keys in the future

Much cleaner but harder to install, what I call, a "Flip Flop" relay on the trigger wire for the pump relay or pump fuse.

A FF relay operates like any other relay except once it receives an impulse/energized (flips) it locks in that position until it receives another impulse then it flops and locks it that position. It doesn't stay energized, just needs a pulse. In the AV world it's like a A/B switch that switches coax cables etc......

I used one on my beamer to run the flashers when I upgraded the newer style switches that weren't backward compatible with the older model wiring.
I wish I knew what you were talking about.. or at least understood it.. all of my life’s efforts have been oriented to things that have a pulse, bleed..

I wish I knew what you were talking about.. or at least understood it.. all of my life’s efforts have been oriented to things that have a pulse, bleed..
This is overly simplified and I'm not trying to insult your knowledge...............Think of a "Flip/Flop" relay like an electronic house light switch...........

With a light switch you use your finger to flip it one direction and the light comes on, using your finger again and flop it the other direction the light goes off. A flip/flop (FF) relay uses a 12v pulse to flip it on, it will stay on until it receives another 12v pulse then it will flop to the off position and stay off until it receives another 12v pulse etc....... unlike most relays which are spring loaded to disconnect when power is lost and require a constant 12V power supply.

So if you have a well hidden momentary switch/button, that when pushed, provides the FF relay the 12v pulse. In my case I used a hidden magnetic sensor switch and where I have it hidden the range of the magnetic sensor is only 1/8 of an inch. I have to pass a metal object over a 1/2" target area (basically touch the spot). A quarter works well........

My FF relay is tied to two separate items needed to start and run the vehicle (I cut the OEM wires and connected them to the FF relay). It was very time consuming as I unwrapped the OEM wire loom, spliced in my wires and rewrapped everything, Integtated the FF relay so it appears to be OEM and you cannot tell anything was ever done.

All that being said, if someone was dedicated, they could eventually find and reverse what I did, but it would take days and they would have to be very knowledgeable with Toyota wiring and electronics.

Costs: $50 and a days work.......

This is overly simplified and I'm not trying to insult your knowledge...............Think of a "Flip/Flop" relay like an electronic house light switch...........

With a light switch you use your finger to flip it one direction and the light comes on, using your finger again and flop it the other direction the light goes off. A flip/flop (FF) relay uses a 12v pulse to flip it on, it will stay on until it receives another 12v pulse then it will flop to the off position and stay off until it receives another 12v pulse etc....... unlike most relays which are spring loaded to disconnect when power is lost and require a constant 12V power supply.

So if you have a well hidden momentary switch/button, that when pushed, provides the FF relay the 12v pulse. In my case I used a hidden magnetic sensor switch and where I have it hidden the range of the magnetic sensor is only 1/8 of an inch. I have to pass a metal object over a 1/2" target area (basically touch the spot). A quarter works well........

My FF relay is tied to two separate items needed to start and run the vehicle (I cut the OEM wires and connected them to the FF relay). It was very time consuming as I unwrapped the OEM wire loom, spliced in my wires and rewrapped everything, Integtated the FF relay so it appears to be OEM and you cannot tell anything was ever done.

All that being said, if someone was dedicated, they could eventually find and reverse what I did, but it would take days and they would have to be very knowledgeable with Toyota wiring and electronics.

Costs: $50 and a days work.......
Thank you very much for that explanation EOD Guy! It was not insulting. I know and admit that I am a dufus at some things, but they still fascinate me. You explanation really helps a lot. Now I just wish that I could do stuff like that! That hidden magnetic switch is ‘next level’.

Back